Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card swap

Jasonkam1984
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to switch my sim card i lost my phone

23 REPLIES 23

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@hTideGnow Guests are people who don't log in. Some of them might be regular members who are reading but don't post often.

@cellphoneuser1    Interesting...wasn't aware that guests could be just customers not signing in.    I can understand that sometimes regular customers may just come to PM's website to see if there's any new announcements or notices from other customers posting about an issue similar to what they may be experiencing and probably don't need to sign in unless they mean to ask a question or contact moderators.

Nice to know that most of these "guests" aren't interested in gleaning personal information being inadvertently posted by a few customers who seem to be unaware that they are sharing on a public forum. 

Having said that I think it's quite shocking that PM still hasn't implemented some sort of an alert (popup warning?) whenever anyone hits "Post" to not include any personal or private information in their message....it might prevent most, if not all, of these types of posts, I'd think.

@hTideGnow Guests are people who don't log in. Some of them might be regular members who are reading but don't post often.

I wonder who the "guests" are  too.   There are always more guests here than real members !!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

I don't know exactly how long your private info was out there for everyone to see, but your account, credit card info and other financial information might have already been compromised.  Change your passwords asap and check your credit card charges.

The information was there for about 3 minutes, but on the internet, that might as well be 3 years.  Someone using the forums might have an old or chached version of that page/message still loaded and there are some website that specialize in in preserving the conent of some websites at a certain moment of time. Also, it only take a second for some to copy and paste the infromation.

so true.  I used to wonder why there were so many guests in this forum.  Lots of non-customers lurking around.  Why I thought.  Now I think I know the answer.... they want to know more about Public Mobile. 😁

@HALIMACS wrote:

It was probably about 5 minutes from the time of the post, @RosieR 

Perhaps we ought to collectively cease posting specific items which might prompt a response with unintended personal information.  

It's probably best to let the moderators drive those lines of discussion through private message. 

I agree @HALIMACS let the moderators ask the questions in private messages.

@RosieR wrote:

I don't know exactly how long your private info was out there for everyone to see, but your account, credit card info and other financial information might have already been compromised.  Change your passwords asap and check your credit card charges.

The information was there for about 3 minutes, but on the internet, that might as well be 3 years.  Someone using the forums might have an old or cached version of that page/message still loaded and there are some website that specialize in in preserving the conent of some websites at a certain moment of time. Also, it only takes a second for some to copy and paste the infromation.

It was probably about 5 minutes from the time of the post, @RosieR 

Perhaps we ought to collectively cease posting specific items which might prompt a response with unintended personal information.  

It's probably best to let the moderators drive those lines of discussion through private message. 

@Jasonkam1984 wrote:
  1. Full name and address on account. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

These are some of the additional idenifiers you may be asked:

1. Date of birth 
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  3. Alternate phone number if any. xxxxxxxxxxx
  4. Security question and answer. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account. xxxxxxxxx
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card. New sim xxxxxxx
  7. Any rewards in your account xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  8. Autopay y/n? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  9. (account number removed)
  10. Account activation date.

edited by computergeek541: account information removed

@Jasonkam1984 holy cow dude.  This is a public forum.  Never post any personal information on a public forums.  There are many fraudsters lurking around public forums ready to pounce on unsuspecting victims.  

Best wishes

RosieR

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Thanks for editing! I will edit my post.

@Jasonkam1984 

Sorry I should have made it absolutely clear to only supply such info to the moderators in a private message and that we in the community are only customers just like you. I strongly suggest before you are in contact with the moderators that you change ( edit) as many of the identifiers you answered here in your account as you can.

I think that we need to remember that new customers do not always necessarily know who works for Public Mobile or that threads are mostly answered by other customers. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

@LEGO WHAT? they will send email whenever we go back and update our post?

Yes! 😊

@LEGO 

Never want anything to remain unclear/incomplete. 

You have email notification setup for edits? I have completely turned off notifications for such things...

@computergeek541 

Thanks for editing! I will edit my post.

@Jasonkam1984 

Sorry I should have made it absolutely clear to only supply such info to the moderators in a private message and that we in the community are only customers just like you. I strongly suggest before you are in contact with the moderators that you change ( edit) as many of the identifiers you answered here in your account as you can.

@LEGO WHAT? they will send email whenever we go back and update our post?

LEGO

@HALIMACS  You flooded my email with your countless editing! 😂

@LEGO wrote:

@computergeek541 You should edit security question as well!

already done

thanks

This is a good example of why SIMon is needed, although there are many cases when I don't like the interaction there for opening a ticket. I encourage members to help, but I would say that it may be best if members not prompt others for such information.

LEGO

@computergeek541 You should edit security question as well!

@Jasonkam1984 

Please remove all personal information as soon as you can.

You have posted this on a public forum for anyone to see.

Click the three dots in the upper right part of your message and edit it immediately.

@computergeek541   👍👍👍

@Dunkman  👍👍👍

Jasonkam1984
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  1. Full name and address on account. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

These are some of the additional idenifiers you may be asked:

1. Date of birth 
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  3. Alternate phone number if any. xxxxxxxxxxx
  4. Security question and answer. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account. xxxxxxxxx
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card. New sim xxxxxxx
  7. Any rewards in your account xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  8. Autopay y/n? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  9. (account number removed)

edited by computergeek541: account information removed

@Jasonkam1984 

Log into your account and report your phone lost/stolen. This feature can be found on the usage or plans page. You will be asked to supply the following information along with at least 4 of the account holder verifiers to ensure you are the account holder. Be prepared to answer them.

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

These are some of the additional identifiers you may be asked:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.

** This is information you should only share with a moderator ( pm employee) in your private messages and never in the community which is a public forum or with fellow members in any capacity.

@LEGO 

Yah - brain fart moment.  🤭

LEGO

@HALIMACS wrote:

EDIT :  original reply link was removed - was incorrect one

I saw that! 😀

LEGO
Contact the Moderators by opening a ticket here >https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Here's how:

To change your SIM card, please submit a ticket here

Need Help? Let's chat.