cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card Swap

UltimateZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a new sim card and my old one was lost.  I need to activate it with the same number.  Ive submitted a ticket already with no responce. I need help.

12 REPLIES 12

@UltimateZ 

Don't tell us tell a moderator in your private messages.

UltimateZ

I can tell you anything you need to know about my account.  Secret questions.  Account number, sim card number, alternate phone number. Etc.

🤔maybe selling SIM alone is one of the most important source of income for PM  🤔

@Anonymous wrote:

@UltimateZ wrote:

How come self serve does not work anymore I use to always have no problem using selfserve if I lost my sim card

Wow. How often did you lose your SIM or phone? 🙂

@UltimateZ 

Are you sure you sure you are not my bf?🤣🤣

I did a sim swap yesterday for guess who? I sent a private message with change sim card in the subject line and it was answered in about 20 minutes. Just include the basic info in line #1 and #2 below because giving any extra info the moderator will still ask you 3 or 4 of the following 10 identifiers or the remaining ones in my case.....as I included too much info...lol! 😃

Include your new sim card # in your message.....

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less if there are new trainees. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

you want to try this direct link to open ticket for SIM card change?

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/-H7DB-

Anonymous
Not applicable

@UltimateZ wrote:

How come self serve does not work anymore I use to always have no problem using selfserve if I lost my sim card

Wow. How often did you lose your SIM or phone? 🙂

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@UltimateZ wrote:

I have a new sim card and my old one was lost.  I need to activate it with the same number.  Ive submitted a ticket already with no responce. I need help.

Sorry, no one but the moderators can resolve this issue. It's the new SIM jack prevention protocol. 😢

While you're waiting check out https://www.fongo.com/fongomobile/ and https://www.textnow.com/ for free calling/texting over wifi. Many of us have accounts as backup for cellular service glitches. I like Fongo for visual voicemail when I travel, but SMS is free on TextNow.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@UltimateZ wrote:

@UltimateZ   Yes, that option was removed a few months ago because of lot of instances of SIM swap fraud that there occurring.  I do think it has worked to prevent that, but hopefully PM will eventually get around to allowing SIM changes in the account again, but obviously with the requirement of a PIN or some other security feature.

@UltimateZ wrote:

Its been about 24 hours

@UltimateZ   If you prefer you can submit another ticket or even private message Moderator_Team via this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BTW you did type in the subject heading as "SIM Swap" when you submitted the ticket?

UltimateZ

UltimateZ

Its been about 24 hours

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@UltimateZ wrote:

@UltimateZ   How long ago did you submit the ticket?  The wait time to hear back can be anywhere from 1-48 hours but is usually within a couple of hours.  Unfortunately, you have to wait for a response as only moderators will be able to make the SIM change in your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.