Did you mean: 

Sim Card puk locked

NadineLittle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I unlock my cellphone puk sim card locked what do I use to unlock my RCA

6 REPLIES 6

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes with the promo on and the fact that Walmart usually includes the SIM for free anyway if you have them activate it for you, this could be a win for you.

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had same issue with my Samsung phone as it was purchased unlocked from Costco.  Turns out it locks after one carrier, so when I switched to PM  my phone locked and I tried entering incorrect codes so the PUK code appeared.   I contacted Samsung Canada via online chat and they gave me the correct unlock and PUK codes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman wrote:

If you have a Samsung model phone, some people have had success calling Samsung directly instead of waiting for moderator.  

As always Dunkman with the very helpful information.

I would just clarify the "calling" Samsung. I think they have even just used the online chat tool. I seem to remember I did that with Telus too.

@NadineLittle

As stated above, you will need to wait 2-4 days for moderator to give you the PUK code.  The wait times are bad.  

If you have a Samsung model phone, some people have had success calling Samsung directly instead of waiting for moderator.  

Other option is to buy another SIM or activate this weekend in store to get free SIM card promo, etc. If you do get new SIM card, make sure that your original phone is unlocked and if locked, you need to call original carrier to get unlock code (it should be free these days).  

JGarlough
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What is a PUK and where do I find it?

A Personal Unlocking Key, or PUK code, allows you to reset your SIM card’s PIN number, after you’ve entered an incorrect PIN three times. To get your PUK code, you will need to contact the Public Mobile Community Moderator Team here. You will need to create and/or be logged in to your Community account for this link to work.

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

here's how to private message the moderator team:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.