cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Invalid

Shadyelleithy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello guys, I was trying to activate my sim card and port my number from another provider. The payment went through my credit card but I got a message says that account not activated, pkease contact public mobile. That was around 5 pm today and so far the sim is not active and whenever I try to activate it says (invalid sim)

Any advice?

8 REPLIES 8

@Shadyelleithy wrote:

Thats what I did but did not work.

Since your credit card has already been charged, there is not much that you can do at this point.  You will need the moderator team to fix any account/porting problems.  

Shadyelleithy

Thats what I did but did not work.

Shadyelleithy

It is exactly my issue. My wife and I were under 1 account. I did her port yesterday in 10 minutes.  Mine has issues I shared.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Shadyelleithy wrote:

Hello guys, I was trying to activate my sim card and port my number from another provider. The payment went through my credit card but I got a message says that account not activated, pkease contact public mobile. That was around 5 pm today and so far the sim is not active and whenever I try to activate it says (invalid sim)

Any advice?

@Shadyelleithy That means that there is a problem with your port. Best to contact them immediately and include all the porting info like account number, name on account and phone number.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@Shadyelleithy 

Telus ports should be very quick.  Something went wrong.  You will need to contact moderator as described above.  Expect 1-2 day wait times.  You can continue to use your Telus SIM card while you wait.  Do not attempt to activate again since you already paid.  

Make sure you use a different email address for each account. You can use the same credit card...but not the same email address.

Shadyelleithy

The old provider is Telus. I did the same for my wife yesterday and took exactly 10 minutes. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Who is the old provider ? Sometimes it could take a few hours to complete a port. Keep using old sim until it quits...thn your PM number should be active.

If not by tonight then send a message to moderators for their help...

It could take up to 48 hours for a response, so please be patient. ..Click this to message moderator

Let us know if it gets going.

Need Help? Let's chat.