cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Activation Error

Lynnie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I attempted to activate a SIM card for my husbands phone and there was an error when I tried to pay for the service at the very end of the activation process...the site froze and I could not go back to change form of payment.  Now he has no account because things weren't completed and when I try a new session to activate the sim card it gives me an error that the sim card is reserved for another session.  I can't get back to that previous session since I closed it so now I'm wondering how to get this sim card activated??

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

@Lynnie Please check your credit card for payments. If there is one, be sure to not pay again. The error you experienced occurs when an account is partially created but the SIM was registered. Hence the error message when you try again. A moderator will be able to sort it out tomorrow.

If you requested a transfer of your current phone number, do not cancel that account. It must remain active until the transfer is complete. Your old account is then closed automatically.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Lynnie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Model Citizen!  I'll give that a try 🙂

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lynnie, you caould try again after clearing your browser's cache, and then using the browser in Incognito/Privacy mode.  This sometimes helps.  You can also try using another browser, again in Incognito/privacy mode.

If non of that works, you will need to send a private message to the moderator team, so that they can help you get set up.  Not that their week-end hours are 9am-7pm (EST).

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would contact the mods with your sim card numbber, the account muiight have been created and your creditcard charged.  you can also try clearing cookies and incognito mode.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.