cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I change my phone number? Can't receive incoming text or calls for 2 weeks

Rojopojo64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched to public mobile and transferred numbers about 2 weeks ago and I found out when I initially transferred, my number got deactivated. I contacted a Moderator and they told me i need to activate my number again with my previous company but it's not really possible at this point and I can't receive incoming calls or texts anymore because of it. Is it still possible to use the same phone number of should i change it and how?

6 REPLIES 6

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rojopojo64 

You can only change your number at payment cycle, that is, every 30 days.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rojopojo64  access your selfserve account select the change number option and pic a new number. Restart your phone and you should be able to receive calls again.

@Rojopojo64 

At this point  unless you reactivate your service you're going to be stuck in limbo so you just need to log into your account and change your number. Keep in mind your stuck port will be released and your number will go back to the original provider. Who was your former provider? How important is the number to you?

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rojopojo64 hi you can change your number once every 30 days in your self serve if that doesn't work for you then ask a moderator to get you a new one 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

change pass,sim,number.jpeg

@Rojopojo64 the only way to fully complete a port that I know of is to reactivate your previous service as mods have asked you to do

if you would like to change your number you can do it in your self serve account

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

HIt wrong button blank post lol

@Rojopojo64 wrote:

I switched to public mobile and transferred numbers about 2 weeks ago and I found out when I initially transferred, my number got deactivated. I contacted a Moderator and they told me i need to activate my number again with my previous company but it's not really possible at this point and I can't receive incoming calls or texts anymore because of it. Is it still possible to use the same phone number of should i change it and how?

The number has to be activated to be ported.  If it was deactivated when you tried to port you are going to need to pick a new number or like the mods said re-activate it with your previous provider

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.