cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up self serve

SydneyLeppky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am having trouble setting up my self serve account. I received an email from Public Mobile with a prompt to start setting it up, so I followed the link. It took me to a page where I could either log into an account or set up and account. I tried to set up an account and it just saying my information is invalid. And I tried to log in to an account and that also said my information invalid. I am using the correct phone number and email so I’m not sure why it would say it’s invalid. I’m not sure what to do next. If anyone knows anything that may help then that would be great 🙂

16 REPLIES 16

@Anonymous wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

I see, i just based that off from OP activated back in Sep. Modern systems now a days should not take more than a day to process the changes. 

@NDesai 

I guess I'm not writing properly.

So a customer activates in store. They leave with everything working.

Is there any time limit for them to create their self-serve account? Is there a window of opportunity that closes after some time? If so, how much time?

Not that i know of. The activation status in their systems should stay as something like Pending Self-serve with no time limit and different from online activation. 

Sorry i didn't understand you earlier. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

I see, i just based that off from OP activated back in Sep. Modern systems now a days should not take more than a day to process the changes. 

@NDesai 

I guess I'm not writing properly.

So a customer activates in store. They leave with everything working.

Is there any time limit for them to create their self-serve account? Is there a window of opportunity that closes after some time? If so, how much time?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SydneyLeppky wrote:

Hi

Thank you for your insights. I followed the link and put in all my information and it says my SIM number is invalid. However I have checked multiple times and I am entering the exact same number as is on the SIM card.

Click on My Account in the upper right. On the right side of the next page click Create Account.

SydneyLeppky

Hi

Thank you for your insights. I followed the link and put in all my information and it says my SIM number is invalid. However I have checked multiple times and I am entering the exact same number as is on the SIM card.

@Anonymous wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@SydneyLeppky Since you activated at the store, you must create an account. Since the system is not recognizing your number and its already been over a month, only moderator will be able to help you with creating an account from their end. Contact them if you haven't already. 

@NDesai : Is there a timeout from in-store activations to set up the self-serve account?

Officially, I don't think there is any wait time. I believe picking a new number would be quicker to recognize by the system. Ported number might take some time to adjust properly in their systems/database. 

@NDesai 

Hmm. I was meaning a maximum time to wait until you can't create the self-serve account yourself. You hinted at a month in your earlier post which twigged me to ask.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@SydneyLeppky Since you activated at the store, you must create an account. Since the system is not recognizing your number and its already been over a month, only moderator will be able to help you with creating an account from their end. Contact them if you haven't already. 

@NDesai : Is there a timeout from in-store activations to set up the self-serve account?

Officially, I don't think there is any wait time. I believe picking a new number would be quicker to recognize by the system. Ported number might take some time to adjust properly in their systems/database. 

@NDesai 

Hmm. I was meaning a maximum time to wait until you can't create the self-serve account yourself. You hinted at a month in your earlier post which twigged me to ask.

@Anonymous wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

@SydneyLeppky  You will need to reach out to the moderator's to look into for you. They work for Public Mobile and have access to see everything. Here on the forums we are all customers like you.

Two ways to reach them. I suggest you pick number 2.

1 - 

Simon.JPG

2- Or contact them via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They work for PM so you can provide your personal information. Like Name , address, 4 digit pin if you know it, phone number, email address you're trying to use. 

They will write back to you in your inbox the envelope top rightish. Standard response time it 24/48 hours but they are usually much quicker.

SydneyLeppky

Hi thanks so much for your fast response!

Yes I joined in September, around the anywhere between the 6th and then 10th I think. 

Yes my service has been working, I have no problem sending and receiving texts and my data works with no issues. 

I activated it in a store, I went to the Abbotsford London Drugs and was helped by an employee at the electronics section. 

When I attempted to log in at the first link you provided it said the login had failed. 

The forgot password link said it was unable to verify my email address. 

And when I tried to create an account it said my phone number was also invalid. I tried to follow the next link provided on that page and it said it was unable to verify. 

I tried to set up self serve when I first got it and had these same issues and was told if I gave it time it would be sorted out, however that was now over two months ago. 

I appreciate anything you can do to help 🙂

@SydneyLeppky your login failed because your self serve account is not yet set up. 

Set up your account here instead https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

You will then receive a welcome email from Public Mobile with your activation details including among other things to write down your 4-digit PIN number.

welcome email -2.png

If you activated in-store, they sent you your 4-digit PIN number by text.  

If you activated as I suggested above, you chose your PIN number and password.

If you still need to contact the moderators, using the links already provided above.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to Public Mobile! 

@SydneyLeppky 

So you joined in September?.

Has your service been working since then? 

Did you activate in a store or at home?

When you try to log in at link below what happens? What does it say?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

When you try forgot password link below. What happens? What does it say?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

When you try to create an account at link below. What happens! What does it say?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you activated at a store then you have to create an account when you get home. Most places don't create the account for you they just activate your sim.

If you active the sim at home yourself during the activation process there is a section to create your account at the same time.

Let us know!

SydneyLeppky

Hi, 

Thanks for your response. That was my original thought to, I got this in September and I attempted to set up self serve then and was told to wait to see if it worked. And then I forgot about it until recently and then I tried to log in today and it didn’t work. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@SydneyLeppky Not sure why it can't recognize your phone number. You might have to wait a bit to let it register in their system? 

You can also reach out to the moderator team and they will create an account for you. 

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.