cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up account, says email address invalid

Mummum
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, I just tried to set up my SIM, but the page said error and told me to log in again and now it tells me that my email address is not recognized. I tried to register my card again and it tells me invalid SIM. Can anyone help?

19 REPLIES 19

@darlicious 

You are right the weekend us comming

@Mummum sometimes public mobile has deals on weekends and even if you miss it for couple of hours you will not qualify.

Maybe it's better to wait until tomorrow as that may bring you some more money off,a free month, extra data, we never know

Are you planning to port and are you trying to port in before your renewal? If not i would suggest to wait a bit

If your credit card was charged try using the SIM card

If that works then you can register for your selfserve later

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Hi @Mummum 

I can't login either

It looks like the system is having some hiccups

You can try waiting and trying again later

Make sure you use Incognito mode it's much smoother

In a meantime check your credit card if you got charged.

Welcome ti public mobile

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mummum  I would take @darlicious advice about possibly waiting until tomorrow to activate your account as it's possible there may be new promotion announced which could be a better deal for you.

@Mummum familiarize yourself with how to go incognito. However, did  you see @darlicious post about waiting until tomorrow? If you can you may get a deal. Do you have access to WiFi? You can download the Textnow app and use it over WiFi to make/ receive calls and send/ receive texts. If your phone is am Android one, set it up with a Google account. Then when you activate your SIM card, turn your phone off,  place the sim card in, restart it and you should be all set.

@Mummum wrote:

@gblackma  thanks. I'll try that. I hope it works

@MummumI hope that works for you too......and I hope I don't see you tomorrow asking if the promotion applies to you because you activated the day before!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mummum wrote:

I don't even know how to do that!

@dabr wrote:

@Mummum wrote:

I submitted a ticket. It didn't charge my card, so I'm confused.

@dabr wrote:

@Mummum wrote:

Hey, I just tried to set up my SIM, but the page said error and told me to log in again and now it tells me that my email address is not recognized. I tried to register my card again and it tells me invalid SIM. Can anyone help?

Clear your cache/cookies, use another browser with incognito mode.  Also waiting one hour sometimes does the trick.

@Mummum   Did you retry after clearing your cache/cookies and using a different browser with incognito/private mode turned on?

@Mummum  Usually if you click on the 3 horizontal lines top right of your browser, it should bring up a menu and give you an option to select private browsing.

To clear cache/cookies click the 3 verticle lines top right of your browser, select history, then you will see a list of options including cache/cookies.  Click all the appropriate boxes and select clear now. 

@gblackma  has given you a good how to link for private browsing.

Mummum

@gblackma  thanks. I'll try that. I hope it works

@Mummum use this link to see how to do it. https://m.wikihow.com/Activate-Incognito-Mode

Scroll down until you find your browser and device.

@Mummum  If you have not activated yet I suggest you wait until morning. The one piece of advice I regularly give people who want to switch to public mobile is Thursday is the worst day of the week to activate. Why?....... Most promotions are announced Friday mornings and there hasn't been one for almost three weeks. Wait 12 hours....to avoid disappointment.

Mummum

I don't even know how to do that!

@dabr wrote:

@Mummum wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Mummum wrote:

Clear your cache/cookies, use another browser with incognito mode.  Also waiting one hour sometimes does the trick.

@Mummum   Did you retry after clearing your cache/cookies and using a different browser with incognito/private mode turned on?

So use @Jb456 's advice and  wait 50 minutes, clear your browser history, go,to incognito/ private mode,  turn off addblocker and try to add you SIM again. If you get to the enter credit card information.  Leave the apartment field blank if applicable,  enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx street address . Also leave out any spaces when entering your postal code.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mummum wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Mummum wrote:

@Mummum wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Mummum wrote:

System locks sim card for 50 minutes. That's the invalid message you're getting.

If you were NOT charged. Wait one hour. Clear history/cookie cache and open a fresh browser in incognito mode and try again.

Mummum

@dabr wrote:

@Mummum wrote:

Pmguide
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Mummum wrote:

Have you checked whether your phone is compatible

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

First it's best to check if your credit card was charged. If it was put sim in phone and see if anything works.

If card was charged follow link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If a self serve account was created. Try logging in at link below

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

If you were NOT charged. Wait one hour. Clear history/cookie cache and open a fresh browser in incognito mode and try again.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Mummum  did you enter your credit card information? Was it charged? If yes, you registered you SIM card. Place your sim in the phone. If it works, set up your self service account.  If not, contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

@Mummum wrote:

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mummum wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.