cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending text messages.....

rockinbruce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why do my text messages that I'm sending at times appear with a green background when normally they have a blue back ground....

Thanking you in advance for your answer....

Bruce 

6 REPLIES 6

@rockinbruce  SMS AND MMS (green) are included in your plan and are free  imessage (blue) will use your mobile data when you are away from wifi. If you are on a low data plan you may want to start using SMS and MMS only.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rockinbruce  Blue is iMessage (data network or WiFi) green is SMS (text)

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

for those who pay for text when in blue no charge in green there is a charge. you only see blue if iphone to iphone. It can can be turned off on message settings.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Messages with green bubbles are normal SMS text messages. Message with blue bubbles are sent via the iMessage instant messaging protocol—a messaging platform specific to Apple devices. If you’re communicating between two Apple devices with iMessage enabled, you’ll see blue messages. If you’re communicating with any device that doesn’t use iMessage—like an Android phone, or an iPhone that doesn’t have iMessage turned on—you’ll see green messages.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@rockinbruce wrote:

Why do my text messages that I'm sending at times appear with a green background when normally they have a blue back ground....

Thanking you in advance for your answer....

Bruce 

Have a look at this link

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/why-some-imessage-texts-are-blue-and-some-are-green/

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@rockinbruce I know in my case where I have a new iPhone when I send an iMessage it’s blue when I send a message and the other person receiving does not have an iPhone or is not on Wi-Fi or data  it is sent as a text which is green

Need Help? Let's chat.