cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending private message

Gmceachern
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am unable to send a private message. After I joined last August, I had a problem and was able to get it looked after by sending and receiving private messages.  When I try to send one to the moderator team today, I get a message “searching for users” and nothing else.  Can someone help me, please and thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Does correcting the spelling, or typing slow allow you to select it? If so then you can click the user name of follow one of the links above.

@Gmceachern wrote:

When I try to send one to the moderator team today, I get a message “searching for users” and nothing else. 

What makes me curious is if you type "moderator team" quickly it should eventually change from "searching for users" to "no results"

If your browser is not showing "no results" and stuck on "searching for users" I would suggest trying a different browser or different computer

Andrei_DA
Customer Support Agent

Hello!

This page ( click here ) might provide some helpful information !

For a quicker access, here's the link to send a private message to the Moderator Team!

Hope this helps!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Gmceachern wrote:

I am unable to send a private message. After I joined last August, I had a problem and was able to get it looked after by sending and receiving private messages.  When I try to send one to the moderator team today, I get a message “searching for users” and nothing else.  Can someone help me, please and thank you.

I gave that a try and if I type if "moderator team", the username suggestion doesn't show up.  As the moderators' account is Moderator_Team, I'm guessing what's happening is that the pressing the spacebar is making it so that they are no matches for searching for that user.

^^^This^^^  I also noticed that after typing moderator, two choices show up including the right selection.  I think if you type slow enough as I do, it gives the system time to poll the member database and pick out the right options. 

@Gmceachern wrote:

I gave that a try and if I type if "moderator team", the username suggestion doesn't show up.  As the moderators' account is Moderator_Team, I'm guessing what's happening is that the pressing the spacebar is making it so that they are no matches for searching for that user.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Are you typing the correct name? try the link above.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Gmceachern wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Here.. @Gmceachern .

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Gmceachern wrote:

Try a different browser, If you are using safari / cell phone go to a real computer 

Need Help? Let's chat.