cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selfserve.publicmobile.ca is extremely slow

letkemanpete
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in Toronto, I have a 1GB network connection and I can download a Linux 4GB in about ten minutes. Yet, on my phone and on my desktop selfserve.publicmoblie.ca is almost unusable due to slow responding web pages.

For instance, it takes about a minute to actually login to the system after I apply my username and password.

My current Internet Service Provider is Metro Connect.

However, when my Internet Service Provider was Tek Savvy and I was in Southwestern Ontario I noticed slowness as well.

Can you please run some speed tests, from a variety of Toronto locations, of your hosting provider, and everything else that your website is connecting to, in order to reduce the bandwidth bottlenecks?

15 REPLIES 15

M_brownie

Haha it's always slow for me to. 🙂
Even more so with (I am assuming) all the people logging on at once to get the free promo. 

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Me 2 .. I am experimenting slow for log in or log out.

Sometimes, when I was log out.. it appears on the error page.

jporso1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used Microsoft Edge and it helped.  Also was the only browser that allowed me to enter the contest.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try now? It's much better for me today. I agree that the traffic surge is connected to the nice holiday promos PM has offered for new and existing customers.

yaqhad1a

Using internet explorer or Microsoft edge browser helped sometimes with having the website being a bit more responsive then chrome.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
This is my experience as well - today being an anomaly with the freebies offered.

SweetPotato

Same here, Scarborough. ISP: CarryTel.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Today was the first day of the free add-ons for accounts.  No doubt everyone was in a hurry to claim the freebees even though there is still another 30 days left in which to do so.  I am sure tomorrow will be a lot better and then even better the following day as the add-on harvesting subsides.  

rockycherry

same here in victoria. login to selfverve timeout. 

Hi @gpixel 

OK, I'll bite.

The technique?

use the technique...

tiarambaran

It's terrible for me too. 😕 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@letkemanpete wrote:

I'm in Toronto, I have a 1GB network connection and I can download a Linux 4GB in about ten minutes. Yet, on my phone and on my desktop selfserve.publicmoblie.ca is almost unusable due to slow responding web pages.

For instance, it takes about a minute to actually login to the system after I apply my username and password.

However, when my Internet Service Provider was Tek Savvy and I was in Southwestern Ontario I noticed slowness as well.

Can you please run some speed tests, from a variety of Toronto locations, of your hosting provider, and everything else that your website is connecting to, in order to reduce the bandwidth bottlenecks?

@letkemanpete   PM's website has glitches and slowness on and off regularly, but today is probably worse because they just announced the holiday gifts of 2GB + 500 LD mins to every customer and requiring customers to log into their self serve account and redeem their gifts.  That's more than likely causing extra traffic and hence being slower than usual.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@letkemanpete wrote:

@letkemanpete this is fairly normal with this website it works alot better early morning and late evening

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@letkemanpete 

In my experience self service has always been slow. Today, especially with the holiday promo giveaway every one is logging into self service to claim the free promo.

Need Help? Let's chat.