cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self seve page does not notify when my data reaches limit, no text alert to notify me either.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've noticed that when my data reaches it's limit and my data is cut off, the data usage section of the self serve page doesn't show my data usage counter anymore, nor does it indicate that I've reached my data limit.  Other companies send text alerts to notify when your data limit is reached and when your data is cut off or slowed down, hopefully Public will do the same in future and send text alerts to notify when data limits are reached and data is cut off - and hopefully also update the self serve page to clearly notify when data limits are reached and data is cut off too.

I've written to the Moderator Team about this already to see if it's just my account not giving any notifications, but I assume it's not just my account so hopefully Public will update their system for everyone too.

I posted this here to see if others are having same issue and hopefully Public will improve their system to be more clear about data running out.

10 REPLIES 10

TheGx

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheGx 

For both plan data and add-on data, a text is sent at 75% and 95%. While you have a valid bucket of data, it will show your counter.

The fully consumed notification is that you no longer have data. A pretty functional notification I'd say.

When you no longer have a valid bucket of data, the counter disappears.

I think that for plan data it should show the counter even at fully consumed because it's in your plan.

I don't mind add-on data dropping off because it doesn't renew.

Now that you mention the 95% alert, I forgot that I do recieve those 95% alert notifications too.

@sulagok wrote:

Yep, I always get text messages at 75% and 95% data usage. Not sure there is a setting for that, but I definitely receive these alerts.

The text messages come in automatically at those usage points.  They cannot be disabled.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yep, I always get text messages at 75% and 95% data usage. Not sure there is a setting for that, but I definitely receive these alerts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheGx 

For both plan data and add-on data, a text is sent at 75% and 95%. While you have a valid bucket of data, it will show your counter.

The fully consumed notification is that you no longer have data. A pretty functional notification I'd say.

When you no longer have a valid bucket of data, the counter disappears.

I think that for plan data it should show the counter even at fully consumed because it's in your plan.

I don't mind add-on data dropping off because it doesn't renew.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TheGx wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Alex888 wrote:

@TheGxI think you should be getting a text when you have used 75% of your data, but that may only apply to plan data not addon data.

That would be really useful, I wonder if anyone can confirm that they received the alert.  Maybe @TheGx  can confirm if that happened?

@Alex888  & @dabr  Yep, I always get the text alert about reaching 75% of my data limit, but never get any alerts when it all used up. Also, my self serve always shows a data counting meter that specifies exactly how many Mbs I've used out of my total Mbs available, but when I've used up all my data the data counter on my self serve disapears.

Good to hear PM sends out an alert at 75% usage.  I don't know why PM completely removes the line of a feature that has been depleted, it would definitely make more sense to just leave the line there showing that full data (or minutes for limited plans) has been consumed, that way there would be less confusion from users.  

I believe PM is looking at changing the way they post this information, however, there's no timeline when this particular change will happen.

TheGx

@dabr wrote:

@Alex888 wrote:

@TheGxI think you should be getting a text when you have used 75% of your data, but that may only apply to plan data not addon data.

That would be really useful, I wonder if anyone can confirm that they received the alert.  Maybe @TheGx  can confirm if that happened?

@Alex888  & @dabr  Yep, I always get the text alert about reaching 75% of my data limit, but never get any alerts when it all used up. Also, my self serve always shows a data counting meter that specifies exactly how many Mbs I've used out of my total Mbs available, but when I've used up all my data the data counter on my self serve disapears.

@Alex888 wrote:

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

TheGx

@surreyboz wrote:

Data or any add on's on every ones account Do NOT show when it's all used up.  So just to be clear it's not just you.

Ok, thank you for confirming that!

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TheGx wrote:

I've noticed that when my data reaches it's limit and my data is cut off, the data usage section of the self serve page doesn't show my data usage counter anymore, nor does it indicate that I've reached my data limit.  Other companies send text alerts to notify when your data limit is reached and when your data is cut off or slowed down, hopefully Public will do the same in future and send text alerts to notify when data limits are reached and data is cut off - and hopefully also update the self serve page to clearly notify when data limits are reached and data is cut off too.

I've written to the Moderator Team about this already to see if it's just my account not giving any notifications, but I assume it's not just my account so hopefully Public will update their system for everyone too.

I posted this here to see if others are having same issue and hopefully Public will improve their system to be more clear about data running out.

Data or any add on's on every ones account Do NOT show when it's all used up.  So just to be clear it's not just you.

Need Help? Let's chat.