cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-serve site down again?

ChopstickHero
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've been trying to log in for the past hour. It just says "Waiting for selfserve.publicmobile.ca..."

Sometimes I can get to the page where I can enter my credentials, but after I click Login, it spins forever. 

I guess I'll try again later, but this is annoying.

15 REPLIES 15

CellGirl

@Anonymous 

thanks 😀

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CellGirl wrote:

Thankfully self serve allowed me to login this morning and make a manual payment. The amount pending on my credit card doesn't reconcile with the 'amount due', but whatever -- as long as I don't lose service in a week 😎

The cc will show the total with taxes. The self-serve will just be the value.

CellGirl

Thankfully self serve allowed me to login this morning and make a manual payment. The amount pending on my credit card doesn't reconcile with the 'amount due', but whatever -- as long as I don't lose service in a week 😎

Jernikfra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to sign up and activate a SIM online. Tried earlier and it timed out. CC not charged and login doesn't work. Now trying again and it's the same thing, just spins and times out after a while. They should extend the $25 referral credit past March 19th to stop the site from crashing. With the new lower prices and referral credit it's overpowering the servers.

CellGirl

@RobertQc 

That answers my question that I posted tonight! 😁  Even though it's midnight, I guess there's still too many people logged in, etc... maybe I'll try again around 3am... 😋

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try Chrome Incognito mode. 

GC 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChopstickHero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChopstickHero 

And you might have experience with other forums that have a close thread function. The Accept as solution button is not used that way. It's a way for an OP to indicate that a particular post was the solution to the question. And yes seemingly frowned upon to give yourself one.

Unmarked as solution.

So in reality, the ability to even mark your own post as a solution should be removed as a function. 

I've seen it happen where someone posted a question and many posts later they came up with the answer on their own (or found) that no one else had thought of.

That's a bit of a long game to play if it's intentional.

ChopstickHero

@domptg wrote:

Unable to get to login page. Spinning for forever. Please fix it.

Keep trying for an hour and a half, you'll eventually get in like me.

ChopstickHero

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChopstickHero 

And you might have experience with other forums that have a close thread function. The Accept as solution button is not used that way. It's a way for an OP to indicate that a particular post was the solution to the question. And yes seemingly frowned upon to give yourself one.

Unmarked as solution.

So in reality, the ability to even mark your own post as a solution should be removed as a function. 

domptg
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unable to get to login page. Spinning for forever. Please fix it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChopstickHero 

@ChopstickHero wrote:

I understand it's slow. But I couldn't even access it (that's different).

I've been on PM for years now and when it doesn't log in for an hour, that's an issue.

That said (of course), I was just able log in after trying for 1.5 hrs. 

Close this thread.

@ChopstickHero  I am not a mod nor do I work for public mobile, but I suggest clicking the top 3 dots on your post and clicking "not the solution" before someone with elevated privileges does- apparently a thing that is frowned upon around here is giving yourself solutions. Up to you tho.

ChopstickHero

I understand it's slow. But I couldn't even access it (that's different).

I've been on PM for years now and when it doesn't log in for an hour, that's an issue.

That said (of course), I was just able log in after trying for 1.5 hrs. 

Close this thread.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@RobertQc wrote:

Self-serve typically is very slow, especially during the day. I often have 15-30 second wait times to log in.

At the moment it is timing out for me too, probably due to the amount of people switching to the $25/15 plans if I had to guess.

If I had to choose

1) Fast servers + increased prices

or

2) Slow terrible slow servers + lowered prices

I would pick 2, all day long.

+1 for #2

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Self-serve typically is very slow, especially during the day. I often have 15-30 second wait times to log in.

At the moment it is timing out for me too, probably due to the amount of people switching to the $25/15 plans if I had to guess.

If I had to choose

1) Fast servers + increased prices

or

2) Slow terrible slow servers + lowered prices

I would pick 2, all day long.

Need Help? Let's chat.