cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self serve account, without text message

Julia27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a prepaid SIM card for my mom. I would like to create a self serve account but it requires me to input the 6 digit code from a text message. My mom is in the hospital and she doesn’t know how to check text messages (it’s the first time she is using a cellphone). Is there a different way to activate the account without the text message?

11 REPLIES 11

@darlicious wrote:

@Julia27 

If your mom already has the pm sim card in her phone then call the hospital social worker and arrange a time for them to check in with your mom. Have them call you and you can create a self serve account while they are visiting your mom. You can then have them give you the code to finish creating the account. This is within their job description to help facilitate means of communication between patients and their families.

Well done, @darlicious  !!!

Good solution to what may be a current problem exacerbated by potential quarantining and/or self-isolation or other guest-limiting requirements which may be the case for OP's Mom.

@Julia27 

If your mom already has the pm sim card in her phone then call the hospital social worker and arrange a time for them to check in with your mom. Have them call you and you can create a self serve account while they are visiting your mom. You can then have them give you the code to finish creating the account. This is within their job description to help facilitate means of communication between patients and their families.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Julia27  If you need to pay for your mom's plan and get stuck gaining access to self serve you can make payments with vouchers. This is done by calling 1-855-478-2542, entering your mom's number at the prompt, then following the directions to add a voucher.

Detailed instructions here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352/highlight/t...

and helpful info here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Julia27  Do all services work; data, texting, calling? If so, you can ignore this problem for 25 days. Hopefully, you will see her before then to activate self serve.

When she/you paid for the activation did you register a credit card and do you remember the 4 digit PIN for the account? If so, payment can be made by dialing 611.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Julia27 wrote:

I purchased a prepaid SIM card for my mom. I would like to create a self serve account but it requires me to input the 6 digit code from a text message. My mom is in the hospital and she doesn’t know how to check text messages (it’s the first time she is using a cellphone). Is there a different way to activate the account without the text message?

EDITED as a solution is already accepted.

Have a great weekend everyone!

RosieR

@HALIMACS all right then. 👍

@Julia27 if you have the SIM card you are activating, simply activate it inside your own device or a compatible Public Mobile cell phone. Then provide her the SIM card for her phone...are you sure her phone is compatible with Public Mobile...check here:

https://willmyphonework.net/

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA

If you Mom has the SIM card is there someone that can help her, after you activate it, if you are not able to be with her?

@esjliv wrote:

@Julia27  Assuming your Mom is porting her current provider cell phone number to Public Mobile...are you able to obtain her cell phone to do the activation?

@esjliv 

OP stated that, "it’s the first time she is using a cellphone"  😉

@Julia27  Assuming your Mom is porting her current provider cell phone number to Public Mobile...are you able to obtain her cell phone to do the activation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Julia27 : I'm a little confused about what you've done. You got a SIM somewhere. Did you have them activate it there? Was it pre-activated and sent to you or your mother? Do you have the SIM? Is your mother capable of inserting the SIM?

Maybe you could have the SIM and insert into your phone and finish up all the activation stuff.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Julia27 

When setting up the self serve account, it will send you a code to the device. You might be able to ask the moderators if they could provide you the code instead.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I am not certain if there is any way around it.   You can try messaging the mod directly.   

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.