cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-Serve set up by a retailer

MamaMissStacie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent 

Hi! I purchased my SIM from an independent retailer who I'm guessing set up my Self-Serve account using their own e-mail address because when I go to create a self-serve account on the Public Mobile website I'm told I already have one but I never set one up, and would like to. I've run out of data and would like the ability to top myself up without having to physically go to the store where I first set my account up.

18 REPLIES 18

@MamaMissStacie  Happy to hear youre in contact with the mods to help work out your situation. It might be worthwhile to up your plan now rather than wait a week without data and trudge back to the retailer. That would line you up within a day or two of black Friday and the opportunity to take advantage of a likely flash sale or promo by activating with a new SIM card. Find out where you can get one locally or just buy one to have it handy for yourself or someone you can refer if you don't need it.  Lucky Sims are cheap if you want to port out your ph.# and back in if you activate with a temp # and want to keep your current ph.#  Best of luck.

MamaMissStacie

Thanks for your detailed response and helpful suggestions/information! If @CS_Agent can't help me, which they started to, I'm just going to go back to the retailer (which is hugely inconvenient for me) before my renewal date, which is the 27th. In the meantime, I am fully disconnected from the world because I work in one of the only establishments in the first world with NO WIFI (lol), and I'm living somewhere new where I get no reception - hence why I blew through my data plan in the first place. My landlord is working with me to resolve my connectivity issues, so hopefully that part is just temporary, but in the meantime I'm so frustrated at my inability to connect with anybody for most of my days/nights.

@MamaMissStacie wrote:

It asks for the e-mail address associated with the account, which I'm guessing is the retailers because I never provided an e-mail address.

I think the piece that's missing for those who have responded already or who are following this thread is that when I first got my plan I did not have a credit card so I was going in to the store every month and renewing my plan. I have since moved away from that store and have acquired a credit card. So I'd like to manage my own account now and update my account with my credit card information.

@MamaMissStacie  Wow this is a bit of a weird circumstance. You could for this month use one of the online instant top up services that load your account via your phone number. Muskbird.com was one but last time I checked the were doing system upgrades. Googling mobile account instant top ups will give you several to choose from and one that should suit your immeadiate needs. If you are not to attached to your phone number letting your account lapse on your next renewal and starting anew might be a good idea especially if a good promo or flash sale comes up. The savings could more than make up for the cost of a new SIM card. Keeping an eye on the 90 day expiration for your account should you choose to let it suspend removing your cc would be essential for this but you would not want to add it if someone else still has access to your account. You could possibly get your old number back as it would go back into the number pool if it was from a telus owned company. Keep in mind...when is your renewal? Data add ons are pricey even though they do roll over... maybe a new plan with more data would suit you for the next 30 days while you decide what to do going forward. Data add on $30 1gb $10 200mb  What plan are you currently on and when does it renew?

@MamaMissStacie611 will only work with the credit card that has been registered with the account.. so you can't add another credit card via 611.

Since moderators response can take up to 48 hours, you might just want to go back to your retailer or get a voucher in the interim.

A friend had her PM Self-Serve all setup by the vendor... using the email address she provided, urging her to logon immediately (before leaving the store) to change her password and PIN.

This seemed legit to me. Protects customer and protects vendor. Makes a clear statement which averts problems and accusations. And means the customer doesn't have to keep returning to the store to top up the account.

A vendor who doesn't do these things seems fishy to me. A middle man who adds cost (or hassle, or even risk) without adding value. 

@MamaMissStacie wrote:

Thanks. I already tried that. I don't have the e-mail address and don't have time to go back to the retailer. I have no data and need to top up ASAP. So, I was hoping a moderator could override whatever the retailer has set up so that I have access to my own self-serve. The retailer is not close to me and I don't know what they're called, or I would call them.

@MamaMissStacie  If you cannot verify you are the account holder then the PM moderator will not be able to help you. Best to not make a payment and let the account expire and start as a new subscriber in my opinion. Just go to Walmart or another authorized retailer and sign up the proper way. Who was the retailer?

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MamaMissStacie wrote:

It asks for the e-mail address associated with the account, which I'm guessing is the retailers because I never provided an e-mail address.

I think the piece that's missing for those who have responded already or who are following this thread is that when I first got my plan I did not have a credit card so I was going in to the store every month and renewing my plan. I have since moved away from that store and have acquired a credit card. So I'd like to manage my own account now and update my account with my credit card information.

611 asked for your email address? Were you still able to access the part where you can load a voucher? If so and if you're in a rush you can buy an online voucher from recharge.com or ding.com and then you should be able to load them via 611? They charge a small service fee though.

There might also be a closer store or gas station to you now:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-in-retail
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

But definitely submit a ticket to get access to your account! You can use the bot here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

MamaMissStacie

MamaMissStacie

No. Unfortunately I didn't have a credit card when I first got my account - which is why the retailer was kind enough to do the set-up for me but I now have a credit card.  So will 611 still work?

@MamaMissStacie wrote:

So, I was hoping a moderator could override whatever the retailer has set up so that I have access to my own self-serve. 

They can override but you'll need to wait for their reply.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MamaMissStacie wrote:

Thanks. I already tried that. I don't have the e-mail address and don't have time to go back to the retailer. I have no data and need to top up ASAP. So, I was hoping a moderator could override whatever the retailer has set up so that I have access to my own self-serve. The retailer is not close to me and I don't know what they're called, or I would call them.

Did you register your credit card for autopay when you set it up? If so you should be able to use 611 to top up.

MamaMissStacie

@totalUser wrote:

What happens when you try to reset password?

That wouldn't work when a strange e-mail address was used by the activator.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MamaMissStacie  Click here to register your selfserve account. If that doesn't work then go back to the retailer and ask them to give you the login credentials. If they refuse submit a ticket to PM and report the retailer.

PMST.png

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

What happens when you try to reset password?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@MamaMissStacie 

Typically, if you activated in store with vendor, you would not have activated a self service account.  You would need to activate at home.  

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you bought SIM and then brought it home to activate SIM card, you would have created a self service account automatically with the email address you chose and password that you picked.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MamaMissStacie , this is rather strange.  My understanding is that retailers help to activate and customers can go home and set up the self serve.  Anyway, if that is what happened and you want things straightened out, the moderator team are the people to contact.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@MamaMissStacie wrote:

Hi! I purchased my SIM from an independent retailer who I'm guessing set up my Self-Serve account using their own e-mail address because when I go to create a self-serve account on the Public Mobile website I'm told I already have one but I never set one up, and would like to. I've run out of data and would like the ability to top myself up without having to physically go to the store where I first set my account up.

Activating in store doesn't create self serve account. I think that the store isn't an authorized  in-store retailer and activated online.  You will need to open a ticket to contact the moderators by opening a ticket. To verify you are the account owner, the ticket system will ask for your account PIN. Click on question mark symbol to open the ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.