cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-Serve is disabled

nelliott17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,  I am trying to log into my account and it keeps saying it has been disabled and both mine and my husband's phone are not working.  We renewed our plan last month and always do the 90 day plans and I haven't been able to get ahold of a moderator.

18 REPLIES 18

@GinYVR wrote:

@darliciousI rather not pollute the thread, since @nelliott17 wasn't affected. Wiki provides a good overview of what's invovled. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_swap_scam

@GinYVR  Thank you will do.

nelliott17

I've already done that, my husband was a victim of identity theft a few years ago so we are both extremely vigilant where our info is concerned 🙂  Thank you, I do appreciate the info though.

@nelliott17If that's the case, you will really need to wait for the moderators to get involved.

@nelliott17 wrote:

I did that too about an hour ago 🙂

@nelliott17  You have internet access. Is there anyway someone could have access to you are your husband's personal information? To be on the safe side please go online and check your email, bank and credit card accounts to ensure they have not been tampered with. In my current situation if the identity thieves gain access to my phone or account they will have free reign. This is the only thing that has saved me so far....they had already made multiple attempts to access my email.

@darliciousI rather not pollute the thread, since @nelliott17 wasn't affected. Wiki provides a good overview of what's invovled. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_swap_scam

nelliott17

when I call *611 it says sorry we are unable to process your request.

@GinYVR  For the benefit of @nelliott17  and myself can you explain SIM jacking. I am especially interested as a recent victim of identity theft. I had to suspend my online banking for the third time as they were constantly getting verification codes sent to my voicemail and alternatively calling it from a private number or masked as my number. There have been multiple attempts to break into my voicemail to retrieve those codes.

@nelliott17If you can get 611 via your phone, you can just go out and get a voucher and pay by 611.. that way you don't need to wait for the moderators to get the phone working again.

nelliott17

Yes when I call my number from another phone my vm kicks in so that is a good sign 🙂 and hopefully I will get a moderator to help sooner rather than later 🙂  hubby is really impatient, lol.

nelliott17

I did that too about an hour ago 🙂

nelliott17

Other than what I have already tried I don't know how to verify my account is working since I cannot log into self-servce or use my phone to call/text or use the web. 

@nelliott17  contact the moderators via Simon (?) It is faster as it gets prioritized. There may be an option for urgency.

@nelliott17Moderators might take a day or so to reply to you. In the mean time you really should verify if your account is working.

If you can get to voicemail (or I assume you recorded your own message), you can access it right? ie retrieve your voicemail? If so, just hold tight for the moderators, your account is fine.

@nelliott17  This from one of @GinYVR responses six weeks ago to a similar problem.

Account disabled

@PNeilsonYou might have got SIM jacked, if the account has been disabled but you are very sure you have typed in your password.. Can you dial 611 via your phone? Swap the SIM card and does the SIM work in another phone (to rule out hardware). Call your own number, can you get your own voicemail or someone else answer the phone?

If you indeed are sure you have been SIMjacked. I add it here because time is in the essence.. things are closing for long weekend.

1.Get a backup SIM card and activate an account, so at least you have phone service.

2.Change all the passwords that use your phone account as authentication. There are usually a backup method.

3.Once passwords have been changed contact the moderators. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

4.Report the incident here: http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/reportincident-signalerincident/index-eng.htm

nelliott17

I've reached out to moderators but haven't heard back yet.  Also have tried logging into self-serve using chrome browser and ingognito browser and a few other browsers but all I am getting is that my log in is disabled (both mine and hubby's accounts)

nelliott17

I have tried using my phone to call and I get a message saying to call *611 and when I do it says it cannot help me and to go to PM community/help/details (which doesn't lead me anywhere) I have tried using another phone to call my number and it goes directly to voicemail.  I have sent a couple private messages to moderator team but have not received any response yet.

cheers,

Nancy

GR
Mayor / Maire

@nelliott17   you can click here to start a ticket so the moderator_team will get back to youhttps://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

In the meantime you can try to log In to your self serve account using chrome browser just to see if that will work 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@nelliott17Can you call your phone from another phone to see if you can access your voicemail? Just to verify your phone number is working properly? Can you dial 611 from your phones? Knowing your phone number is okay is to make sure you haven't been SIMjacked.

Usually when the account is disabled, you need a moderator to unlock it. Are both you and your husband's accounts being locked out?

Need Help? Let's chat.