cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Self-Serve is disabled

Yes when I call my number from another phone my vm kicks in so that is a good sign 🙂 and hopefully I will get a moderator to help sooner rather than later 🙂  hubby is really impatient, lol.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@nelliott17If you can get 611 via your phone, you can just go out and get a voucher and pay by 611.. that way you don't need to wait for the moderators to get the phone working again.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@GinYVR  For the benefit of @nelliott17  and myself can you explain SIM jacking. I am especially interested as a recent victim of identity theft. I had to suspend my online banking for the third time as they were constantly getting verification codes sent to my voicemail and alternatively calling it from a private number or masked as my number. There have been multiple attempts to break into my voicemail to retrieve those codes.

Highlighted

when I call *611 it says sorry we are unable to process your request.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darliciousI rather not pollute the thread, since @nelliott17 wasn't affected. Wiki provides a good overview of what's invovled. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_swap_scam

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@nelliott17 wrote:

I did that too about an hour ago 🙂

@nelliott17  You have internet access. Is there anyway someone could have access to you are your husband's personal information? To be on the safe side please go online and check your email, bank and credit card accounts to ensure they have not been tampered with. In my current situation if the identity thieves gain access to my phone or account they will have free reign. This is the only thing that has saved me so far....they had already made multiple attempts to access my email.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@nelliott17If that's the case, you will really need to wait for the moderators to get involved.

Highlighted

I've already done that, my husband was a victim of identity theft a few years ago so we are both extremely vigilant where our info is concerned 🙂  Thank you, I do appreciate the info though.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@GinYVR wrote:

@darliciousI rather not pollute the thread, since @nelliott17 wasn't affected. Wiki provides a good overview of what's invovled. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_swap_scam

@GinYVR  Thank you will do.