cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Serve Usage History questions

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of quesitons about the Usage History page in self-serve.

First of all, is it not possible to filter it to show me only my calls, my texts, or my data, or all?  Parent company Telus breaks down their usage history by those 3 categories, IIRC. 

Secondly, I've noticed a lot of calls to the voicemail number (7785804002) that I'm sure were not me calling voicemail.  Does the usage history show missed inbound calls as outbound calls to the voicemail number?  I guess this would make some sense, as the call gets forwarded to the mailbox when you don't pick it up.  But then in your usage history you don't see the actual missed calls.  So instead of knowing that I misssed an incoming call from xxxyyyzzzz at 9:05 AM, I instead see it as an outbound call from my cell number ot 7785804002 at 9:05 AM.  That's not very useful. Ideally I'd like to see it as an inbound call from xxxyyyzzzz, with some other indication that it was missed/forwarded to voicemail (maybe a zero duration, or some sort of flag).

Thanks,
Scott

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
8 REPLIES 8

More_Chaos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Well, this answers my question about why I have outbound calls to my voicemail while I was out of country (and my SIM was non-functional since I was in Europe and Asia)!

This is definitely a good reason for our call logs to show missed calls rather than outbound calls to our voicemail! (Not that I'm likely to do this but,) If we could see who we missed a call from on our logs while out of country, we could potentially return the call (if we need to, and people have not other way of contacting us aside from our local number).

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

At present, there's an alert at 75% and 95% of data used. The alerts are text messages, even if Text is not in your plan.

FYI.

mateen1795
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I couldn't agree more!

Also there should be an alert after each 25% data usage.

AMS

srlawren

Thanks @Mansi_G, I have logged it in the lab.  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @srlawren - It's definitely a good idea to be able to sort the usage history for each usage type - Talk, Text and Data. Please add this to our Public Lab section so it can be evaluated against other ideas for implementation.

And it looks like your theory is correct, missed calls to your number are recorded as outgoing calls to the voicemail box as well as accessing voicemail is also recorded as outgoing call to the voicemail box. 

srlawren

Thanks @vrance and @kaytus for your replies.  I do agree that it doesn't really "matter" how many mintues I use or texted I exchange.  On the other hand, I'm kind of a geek and do like to watch those types of things, to understand the value I'm getting for what I pay, and so on.  Maybe I'm weird.  But being able to split them out into those individual types makes combing through them easier.

And while I do undertand that I have call logs, text history, and data usage stats on my phone, I tend to think of the carrier's data as the "system of record" for that information, likely to be more accurate. Also, my phone makes it tricky to see call durations in the call log for some reason (never had that issue on my BlackBerries of the past, just on this Moto X 2013 for some reason). 

I still find it odd that missed calls just show as an outbound call to the voicemail number in the usage history.  Ideally I'd like to see that it was a missed call and what number it was from.  This is handy for things like missing calls while your phone is off (maybe on a flight or something). 

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I agreed ... since all the plan including the unlimited text and call time. I will more care about the data usage.

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @srlawren, it depends on what information you need from the usage history.  Since call and text are unlimited, I personally just need how much data I have used and remaining for the plan.  The information that you described should be readily available on your phone.  For the remaining balance of the data, you may refer to "Add-on Usage" in your online self serve account to find out.  Hope that you enjoy the service Public Mobile provided.

Need Help? Let's chat.