cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Serve Site is running faster after maintenance

Citizen_G_50
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have mentioned this to the mods in the past.  I always found self serve  to be really slow to access.  Pages took way too long to load.

I just logged in after the maintenance and now the site is running much faster.  Much improved.

Hopefully it's not because the load is light because people still think the site is down and there is little traffic.

If this improvement is because of the maintenance, thank you!

12 REPLIES 12

Me too.  With such a big difference in load time and it lasted 2 days already, I think we can safely say that they did improve this with the maintenance.  Let's hope they won't break it again in the next maintenance.

Citizen_G_50

I have checked over the last two days and the site still appears to be running faster.

Here's hoping it stays this way!

@Citizen_G_50 wrote:

I have mentioned this to the mods in the past.  I always found self serve  to be really slow to access.  Pages took way too long to load.

I just logged in after the maintenance and now the site is running much faster.  Much improved.

Hopefully it's not because the load is light because people still think the site is down and there is little traffic.

It is possible that additional hardware and capacity was added, but I have not received any confirmation of that. It's also possible tha tthis could be a matter of less people using the site on a Sunday.

@esjliv wrote:

@Citizen_G_50 ,

I will play devil's advocate...I will believe it when there is a longer stretch of consistent improvement.

😎

Oh ye of little faith, @esjliv   🤞

The increased login speed seems to have been going on (at least for me) for 2-3 days now - very surprisingly.

Recently the week-ends were times when login was affected by updates and back-end work that caused either major slow-downs or blank screens altogether  --   this is indeed an improvement.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Citizen_G_50 ,

I will play devil's advocate...I will believe it when there is a longer stretch of consistent improvement.

😎

Finally Back to normal 🤣

I guess Telus just had some major upgrade , and now Koodo get Telus' old servers and Koodo can pass on it's old stuff to PM  .  LoL

Citizen_G_50

Yes, I was referring to last night's maintenance.

I don't need fancy bells and whistles on the site.  Just need it to work and load like any other site.

Up to now I was really surprised at how slow the site was.  Surprising, considering they would probably be using Telus servers.  Maybe they were assigned the oldest slowest server in the rack, since they are the poor cousins lol

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Definitely log on is faster! Yes!!!

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Citizen_G_50 

You are ABSOLUTELY correct in your observations.

I've noticed signing into it for the last few days, it has been noticeably quicker to load.   This is at any time during the day, not just late evening or early morning.

Way to go, Public Mobile, if you did something in the background!!!

I think OP means maintenance from the last night. It does feel 'faster' for sure and as already mentioned, I hope that's not due to 'light Sunday morning traffic'.. I really don't expect PM to have some super fancy site, just basic as it is but working one. And working 'autopay' also. These 2 things are the first one I'd try to fix if I were PM. 

I can confirm logging in is way faster than last week! Keep it up that way.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Citizen_G_50 wrote:

@Citizen_G_50 Let's all keep our fingers crossed! 😀🤞

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Citizen_G_50 

You are ABSOLUTELY correct in your observations.

I've noticed signing into it for the last few days, it has been noticeably quicker to load.   This is at any time during the day, not just late evening or early morning.

Way to go, Public Mobile, if you did something in the background!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.