cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Serve Pages Will Not Load despite trying various devices and browsers

turpinkg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The links https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/,  and https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ do not load, and have not been working for the last half hour as of 3:20 pm ADT. I have used Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, tried incognito mode on both browsers, and tried multiple cell phones and a pc. I switched to Public Mobile today, and wish to view my account, but am unable to use either the my account link in the welcome email sent to me, or the my account link on your website.

16 REPLIES 16

@turpinkg  Nothing wrong with your hardware. 👍 Could be a website issue specific to your area. Is it behaving the same when using WiFi or a data connection?,

turpinkg

Using a 2-3 year old laptop running a core i5, ssd for the boot drive, etc. It's also running the latest windows 10 2004 patch and fully updated chrome and edge browsers. It's not a high end device, but I would definitely think of it as being reasonably current. The phones I tried were a Samsung Galaxy s9 running Android 10, and a Moto G8 Play running Android 9. As the error is with a blank webpage and not that the page is failing to load or something like that, I think I can safely assume it's a server-side issue.

Just curious, are you on an older or newer device? I wondering if the site reacts different for different generations of technology. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@turpinkg if you're just trying to check your remaining data or mins you can also call 611

turpinkg

Great, I will reach out that way. Thanks so much again 🙂

@turpinkg  Click the ? bottom right of your screen and type mod to contact the Public Mobile moderators directly.

@turpinkg wrote:

Great! I don't intend to use autopay, but I appreciate the information. Thanks so much to everyone for the help and suggestions, I really appreciate it! I will give it a few days and keep checking on multiple devices to see if it comes back online. Assuming the issue persists, is there a way to contact a member of the official support team directly, or is support always provided strictly through the community?

@turpinkg hi if you ever need help with your account contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator    check the envelope top right corner for a reply, response time is 2 to 48 hours

turpinkg

Great! I don't intend to use autopay, but I appreciate the information. Thanks so much to everyone for the help and suggestions, I really appreciate it! I will give it a few days and keep checking on multiple devices to see if it comes back online. Assuming the issue persists, is there a way to contact a member of the official support team directly, or is support always provided strictly through the community?

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@turpinkg there is definitely something wrong today welcome to Public self serve website lol it's always an adventure around here 

@turpinkg not fairly common, but lately its been really bad. auto-pay has also been failing for customers lately so I suggest manually paying ahead at least a week just incase you run into this website problem. you'll still qualify for your $2 auto-pay reward

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@turpinkg right. I see white pages using these links. Tried different browsers and machines...

turpinkg

There is no error message - simply a white blank page. Someone mentioned that the site has been tricky the past week. As a new customer, that's a bit concerning to hear. In your experience, are issues like this common?

turpinkg

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I am continuing to try incognito mode and have cleared the cache, as well as trying multiple devices (including mobile - as I mentioned in my first post), and the issue persists. I will try the lite mode on mobile, but another community member mentioned that the site was down for them at the moment as well -  a bit of a frustrating first experience.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@turpinkg , sometimes it just takes patience. It can time it's time to load.

Are you getting an error message? If it is just circling...let it go and hopefully it will open.

Hope it loads up for you.

WELCOME! 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@turpinkg wrote:

The links https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/,  and https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ do not load, and have not been working for the last half hour as of 3:20 pm ADT. I have used Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, tried incognito mode on both browsers, and tried multiple cell phones and a pc. I switched to Public Mobile today, and wish to view my account, but am unable to use either the my account link in the welcome email sent to me, or the my account link on your website.

@turpinkg hi I just tried myself and can't get on you may have to wait a while and try again 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@turpinkg just keep trying in Incognito mode. also try clearing your cache. it's working for me right now. the site had been very uncooperative this past week. try using your mobile to view the website and also turn on lite mode for chrome. it seems to help on the web page loading

Need Help? Let's chat.