cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Serve - CAN'T LOGIN, Generic error :-( [Solved, verified Nov21]

wanderingcat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hey all,   I registered today and activated my sim card, and have verified that voice, data, and text is working on my account. However, I'm unable to log into self serve. Kept getting "Generic Error Oh no! It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic."

I have an account with Telus, but I used another email for PM (as suggested in the forum).

My next Telus billing period is in a week and I'd rather not pay for another month of that service to retain my old number.

I have sent an email to PM, hopefully the issue can be resolved in 48 hours, and my Telus number can be transferred to PM.

While waiting for the issue to be resolved, any suggestion from the community? Thanks! 🙂

----------------------Update Nov 9 ---------------------------------------------

I emailed the PM early morning today (Nov 9, ~4am) through the "Contact us" link with all the details required -- i think that is supposed to the support ticket? 

I didn't get a confirmation / reference ID or ticket # after the request / email was submitted, though.

----------------------Update Nov 21 ---------------------------------------------

I just got a chance to try the self-serve login, it worked !!! Smiley Very Happy

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!

35 REPLIES 35

Make sure that the name and address you write on the payment page match exactly your credit card statement.

Try another credit card if you have one.

Buy a voucher in a Shell/Petro-Canada/Canadian Tire/etc.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

You can try another card. 

Does the name and address that you have on your PM account matches the credit card info?

some credit card verification process cross check those things. 

krnic

I can;t get by the last step where my credit card is processed. It keeos saying that there is a problem with the card. My wife contacted our credit card company and they said there are no issues on their end. Not sure what to do now as I have the SIM card and want to use it soon.

wanderingcat

This was exactly what I saw and felt too! That was so .......... oh man!

wanderingcat

I just got a chance to try the self-serve login, it worked !!! Smiley Very Happy

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!

Yep - couldn't agree more with you, @imm1304!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes, I have answered to several frustrated new customers whose activations failed and/or were locked out of their self-serve account with the generic error. These were the 2 most high priority problems along with the bug that previous Telus/Koodo/PC customers are experiencing.  These things needed to be fixed during the current wave of maintenance outages.  I hope these things got fixed.  

Anyways, the new wave of maintenance has for sure taken away my account access for the last 24+ hours and counting... which is a new development.  Still hoping that it will get fixed by itself once the self-serve starts behaving normally 

@imm1304 wrote:

I never had trouble signing into selfserve before but since yesterday, I am getting the error: Sorry your login attempt failed. Please try again

Correct. But there have been other problems with activations and porting since several months.

imm1304

Looks like something previously working got broken in this wave of maintenance outages.  I never had trouble signing into selfserve before but since yesterday, I am getting the error: Sorry your login attempt failed. Please try again

@leejoohy We don't know. But there have been a series of issues going on with self-serve for atleast a couple months now. I know eventually the login problems will be fixed. But in the meantime, the only two options for access the account are either by calling 611 and using the automated system, or by sending a webmail through the Contact Us link.

Hopefully PM will have these issues resolved for good very, very soon.

leejoohy

@7789849803 oh okay.

So what exactly is going on? There was an announcment that there was self serve maintenance going on until 9am Nov 19th EST. The maintenance was not about fixing this issue? Or were they just unsuccessful in fixing the issue in time?

@leejoohy This is a known issue with self-serve that is currently being worked on. If you need to make an account change, please send PM support a webmail through the Contact Us page (link in footer at the bottom of the page). They will respond to you within 48 hours.

leejoohy

So are people able to get into their self serve eventually?

What's happening for me is, I go to the PM website and click "My Account". The Self Serve login page takes a long time to load, but eventually does. I enter my login info, and it says there is a Generic Error.

And without closing the browser if I try to go to another part of the PM website and I press "My Account" to get back to self serve, the page simply does not load and I get:

Generic Error

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

So sometimes not even the login page will load before I get the error.

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Existing password:*
New password:*
Confirm new password:*

This makes no sense. If I forgot my password and that's why I need to reset it, why is "Existing password" a mandatory field?

That's a excelent points! I had a similar problem, but I don't recal the system asking for my old password.  In fact, just like you I hadn't lost my password but didn't have access to the selfserve area. Doing those steps solve the issue.

What is going on? is no one else experiencing issues with self serve?

For this problem, everyone is expirimenting the latency issue. The PM team are hard at work trying to resolve this problem (which is currently the top priority).

leejoohy

hi @Daniel,

So I followed your advice, and i got an email with a link to reset my password. The link I was sent to told me to fill out the following:

Existing password:*
New password:*
Confirm new password:*

This makes no sense. If I forgot my password and that's why I need to reset it, why is "Existing password" a mandatory field?

Also, I didn't acutally forget my password in this case. I was just having issues getting on to self serve and followed the advice in hopes it might help. All pages on the Public Mobile Site load fine for me, but the Self Serve login page is painstakingly slow to get on to. And when I do enter my login information in, it says I have a Generic error.

What is going on? is no one else experiencing issues with self serve?

Daniel

Hi @leejoohy,

Try the lost password link to gain access to your account. In the past the link wasn't working, but now you should be able to set a new password and access your account

leejoohy

I'm currently getting the CAN'T LOGIN, Generic error.

I know there was a server maintenance until 9am EST this morning. But that should be over by now. Is anyeone else having trouble getting onto self-serve?

wanderingcat
Thanks!

Rockdaddy22
I'm glad the port got done, fingers crossed that this self serve bug gets squashed by the 13th. There's a lot of people who can't sign into their self serve.

wanderingcat
Number ported in 1pm today! Received txt msg:

From Public Mobile: Your transfer request has been completed successfully. Welcome to Public Mobile and thank you for joining us!.

Great job PM!

The issue with logging has been assigned a tick number, and should be resolved b 72 hours, as per email.

wanderingcat

Awesome! Thank you Daniel!!

Daniel

@wanderingcat wrote:

I didn't get a confirmation / reference ID or ticket # after the request / email was submitted, though.Smiley Tongue

That's normal; they don’t assign ticket number when you reach to them. If you don't get a response within 48 hours (this coming Wednesday) let us know in this thread so we can alert the community managers.

wanderingcat

Lucky you LOLSmiley Very Happy

wanderingcat

Yes! I emailed the PM through the "Contact us" link with all the details required -- i think that is the support ticket you mentioned?

I didn't get a confirmation / reference ID or ticket # after the request / email was submitted, though.Smiley Tongue

Though I was one of the lucky to have their portings done without the hassles, I feel for you, and believe that PM should atone for what occurred and ensure that this and similar portings will eventually be a ling of the past.

Daniel

Hi @wanderingcat,

Should be by the 13th!

For your number porting, open a support ticket with all the require information (PIN CODE, IMEI number, etc.) so they can initiate the transfer even if you don't have access to your selfserve area!

wanderingcat

"by next friday" = by Nov 13? I hope is not by 20? Smiley Tongue

wanderingcat

Thanks Makkahn28!!! :-)Smiley Very Happy

wanderingcat

Thank you Daniel! great the service is working! Just have to port in the current number before next billing cycle!

Hi. I am sure that your issues will be resolved with efficiency, Effectively, and precisely.

PM may have their fair share of bugs and glitches, but I am sure that they will, Pull the plug on their reign of mayhem

Need Help? Let's chat.