cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Serve - CAN'T LOGIN, Generic error :-( [Solved, verified Nov21]

wanderingcat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hey all,   I registered today and activated my sim card, and have verified that voice, data, and text is working on my account. However, I'm unable to log into self serve. Kept getting "Generic Error Oh no! It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic."

I have an account with Telus, but I used another email for PM (as suggested in the forum).

My next Telus billing period is in a week and I'd rather not pay for another month of that service to retain my old number.

I have sent an email to PM, hopefully the issue can be resolved in 48 hours, and my Telus number can be transferred to PM.

While waiting for the issue to be resolved, any suggestion from the community? Thanks! 🙂

----------------------Update Nov 9 ---------------------------------------------

I emailed the PM early morning today (Nov 9, ~4am) through the "Contact us" link with all the details required -- i think that is supposed to the support ticket? 

I didn't get a confirmation / reference ID or ticket # after the request / email was submitted, though.

----------------------Update Nov 21 ---------------------------------------------

I just got a chance to try the self-serve login, it worked !!! Smiley Very Happy

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!

35 REPLIES 35

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @wanderingcat

I'm happy that your service is currently running properly.

For your selfserve area, this is a well known bug that should get permanantly resolve by next friday for everybody. Therefore it's possible that your response might take longuer from the support team.

wanderingcat
Thank u so much rocky daddy!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Not much else you can do but wait, this self serve problem is a known issue that's affecting a lot of new sign ups. I assume you need to port your number? You should hear back within 48 hours, if not come back and let us know.

wanderingcat

Thank you so much dhanadhan!

I feel much better now after seeing your post! this is a great community! :-)Smiley Happy

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

They should get back to you as soon as they can. Pretty sure they will resolve this for you. 

Need Help? Let's chat.