cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Serve Account Takes a Long Time to Load

JLakerson
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is it just me or have other folks experienced this as well? Every time I log into my self serve account to review my plan and usage, each click of a button takes a significant amount of time to load. About 30 seconds to a few minutes... Not sure if it is the browser that I'm using (Google Chrome) or if the server itself is just slow.

19 REPLIES 19

🤌👍

I am a night owl so I don't come here until about 4pm which is after busy hours.  Today was ok, but it was slow for me too for a couple of days.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

@JLakerson 

you can try this technique

• for computer, keep wiggling the mouse till the page loads
  • for mobile, pinch to zoom and then use one finger to scroll(rapidly) up and down and side to side till the next page loads.

I can safely say that this does nothing. Why would moving your finger around or moving the mouse cursor make the page load?

@computergeek541 it wouldn't, and it doesn't.  #fakenews from @gpixel, unfortunately.  I'm not sure if they're trying to be silly/funny, but if this was a serious suggestion, they are seriously wrong.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@gpixel wrote:

@JLakerson 

• for mobile, pinch to zoom and then use one finger to scroll(rapidly) up and down and side to side till the next page loads.

@LurganIeUk I rub my stomach clockwise while at the same time I pat the top of my head.

*not many people know this, but I'm secretly a grandmaster at this game..  😉

I can safely say that this does nothing. Why would moving your finger around or moving the mouse cursor make the page load?

17 seconds here.....just did. BC at 3:06 pm. 

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's always been somewhat slow for me here in Nova Scotia but today I notice that it is taking much longer. Probably about a minute from the time I entered my password until the Overview loaded.

@gpixel wrote:

@JLakerson 

Yes consistent here in Maple Ridge BC on Telus 75 speed. On all devices iPad, iPhone  and both Macs. Usually use Safari and as a sanity check I have verified using Chrome and is same. 

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just timed it.  21 seconds to load.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@JLakerson 

@LurganIeUk I rub my stomach clockwise while at the same time I pat the top of my head.

*not many people know this, but I'm secretly a grandmaster at this game..  😉

@HALIMACS 

Both the community and the self serve are infinitely faster in the middle of the night when there are very few customers using the self serve/online than during the day. As per @JLakerson query ....the site is just plain old slow during busier times of day for everybody.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JLakerson It is generally slow, for sure.  I wonder if the numbers of active users utilizing My Account and the Community affect it's performance?  One can always check the numbers of current users (members and guests) logged into the Community on the Community homepage.  It would be interesting to note those numbers when login is both quick and slow to see if there is a correlation...

Yes consistent here in Maple Ridge BC on Telus 75 speed. On all devices iPad, iPhone  and both Macs. Usually use Safari and as a sanity check I have verified using Chrome and is same. 

I do  have a referral friend that is experiencing numerous errors in “activation”. My referral code was an error at top  of page but had the green check mark beside it.  Not a good experience for the new customer. 

JLakerson
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@HALIMACS I'm always in incognito mode - still slow unfortunately.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I was just in my account about an hour ago.  It was actually pretty fast.  Generally, it can take 30 seconds to complete the login.  Things speed up a bit after that.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JLakerson 

It is slow for everyone.

I only login to my self-serve account while I am on my computer working on something else.  BTW, I have 8 accounts to monitor.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JLakerson I've heard that going into Incognito mode before logging in may help alleviate this somewhat.  Unsure if true, but give it a shot.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It's not you. PM servers are slow.

Usually early morning or very late at night it is much faster. Sometimes during the day also if you get lucky.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is slow especially when logging in during the day.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@JLakerson wrote:

Is it just me or have other folks experienced this as well? Every time I log into my self serve account to review my plan and usage, each click of a button takes a significant amount of time to load. About 30 seconds to a few minutes... Not sure if it is the browser that I'm using (Google Chrome) or if the server itself is just slow.

@JLakerson It's not just you. A lot of people experience the same problem. I came over from Koodo and their platform was very similar to Public Mobile's and was horrendously slow, like here. Chrome, Opera, Firefox.... no difference for me.

Need Help? Let's chat.