cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macsal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Self Serve Account, Autopay failures

@Kay-Oss wrote:

I've been with Public Mobile since December 2019, same valid credit card, never an issue with the autopay....until today I have a message my account has been suspended and all that I've tried on my account hasn't changed that status (plus no service). Just signed into the community today, and I am panicked! What is happening, what can I do? I tried "Simon" the chatbot, and suggestions aren't tailored to my issue. Can anyone advise me on what I should do? Thanks!

@Kay-Oss make a manual payment by calling 611 or make a payment through your self serve account.

This should get your services up and going.

Kay-Oss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Should I use a different credit card #?

I would have thought being on AutoPay would have avoided this. Now from what I read I should be keeping a buffer amount in my balance to avoid this issue?

Thanks!

dond14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account also tells me my account is suspended, yet I am on autopay.  What is going on here!?!

Kay-Oss

Tried 611, but am confused about the 4 digit account Pin.

I do not recall creating a 4 digit account pin with reference to Public Mobile, and assume the robot means my credit card p.i.n.? Which I tried, and it wouldn't accept. So sorry to keep bothering you, I feel lost.

natewu

@dond14 wrote:

My account also tells me my account is suspended, yet I am on autopay.  What is going on here!?!

Seems like an issue in the backend of PM's servers. You aren't the only one. 

You can, like others said, manually pay through the website(slower) or 611... or wait for the issue to be resolved by PM

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kay-Oss wrote:

Should I use a different credit card #?

I would have thought being on AutoPay would have avoided this. Now from what I read I should be keeping a buffer amount in my balance to avoid this issue?

Thanks!

@Kay-Oss , there should be nothing wrong with your card if it is not expired. The Autopays due today seemed to have failed on the Public Mobile side of things...nothing you did.

So manually making a payment should be fine either by 611 or through your self serve account.

natewu

@Kay-Oss wrote:

I do not recall creating a 4 digit account pin with reference to Public Mobile, and assume the robot means my credit card p.i.n.? Which I tried, and it wouldn't accept. So sorry to keep bothering you, I feel lost.

It shouldn't be the credit card pin... Do you have voicemail set up? Try using that pin if you didn't set one up during the sign up process

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kay-Oss wrote:

@Kay-Oss ,

The PIN would have been generated when you activated your Public Mobile SIM card. Check your text messages from when you activated.

Can you try making a payment through your Self Serve account, it is quite laggy today, I think PM is trying to update things.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

You could also check in with the Moderators to find out what your PIN is or reset it if you cannot find what it is.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Kay-Oss

Thank you everyone for jumping in so quickly.

I tried my voicemail PIN, it was not accepted at the 611.

Trying to pay on my account online, the wheel keeps spinning and my patience is thin!

I will now try the moderator methods you've indicated.

Also, how is it you are able to tag someone (using the @symbol like you've done with me)?

Much thanks.

natewu

@Kay-Oss wrote:

Thank you everyone for jumping in so quickly.

I tried my voicemail PIN, it was not accepted at the 611.

Trying to pay on my account online, the wheel keeps spinning and my patience is thin!

I will now try the moderator methods you've indicated.

Also, how is it you are able to tag someone (using the @symbol like you've done with me)?

Much thanks.

I just checked on the self serve website, seems like its loading at a reasonable speed now... Still not instant, but maybe around 10 seconds? If you try now it might work.

Need Help? Let's chat.