cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Serve Account, Autopay failures

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

So with all the tricks I usually use and suggest for Self Self account issues and logging in, now I see issues with my account. I got in, just tool a long time and there are 'blank out' areas.

Here is hoping this is something to do with Public Mobile fixing this no service due to Autopay failures - Fingers crossed it is a quick fix!

24 REPLIES 24

skinnerjane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, i made the payment. hopefully service will be restored. What is the issue with Autopay?

@skinnerjane wrote:

so whats the issue. My autopay did not go through today I assume, my account is suspended. How do I get it back since self serve will not let me enter an amount to make a payment

@skinnerjane 

Can you make a payment by calling 611?

Enter the amount you want to pay through your Self Serve instead of auto filling what is owing.

skinnerjane

so whats the issue. My autopay did not go through today I assume, my account is suspended. How do I get it back since self serve will not let me enter an amount to make a payment

@Kay-Oss wrote:

Should I use a different credit card #?

I would have thought being on AutoPay would have avoided this. Now from what I read I should be keeping a buffer amount in my balance to avoid this issue?

Thanks!

@Kay-Oss  You really should not have to keep a "buffer amount" in your balance, since Autopay should not be failing. 

But, even the seasoned users on here do practice that method. And it could be because Autopay failures here can be occasionally known to happen.

Occasionally, yes, but not sooo much like today. I suspect Public Mobile did something or an update in their back end system that caused all the issues for users today, unfortunately.

A big bump in the road today, that will hopefully be smoothed over soon!

@Kay-Oss wrote:

Thank you everyone for jumping in so quickly.

I tried my voicemail PIN, it was not accepted at the 611.

Trying to pay on my account online, the wheel keeps spinning and my patience is thin!

I will now try the moderator methods you've indicated.

Also, how is it you are able to tag someone (using the @symbol like you've done with me)?

Much thanks.

@Kay-Oss Your Account PIN (4 digits) is separate from you Voicemail (4-15 digits) PIN, having said that, I suppose you could have it set up the same (if it was 4 digits).

Yes, you tag someone by starting with @ then their username.

If Self Serve is too slow, try one or more of the below:

• clearing your browser's history
  • try a different browser 
  • opening a tab in incognito mode
  • try again later....

natewu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Kay-Oss wrote:

Trying to pay on my account online, the wheel keeps spinning and my patience is thin!

Also, how is it you are able to tag someone (using the @symbol like you've done with me)?

Much thanks.

I just checked on the self serve website, seems like its loading at a reasonable speed now... Still not instant, but maybe around 10 seconds? If you try now it might work.

Kay-Oss

Much thanks.

@Kay-Oss wrote:

Tried 611, but am confused about the 4 digit account Pin.

I do not recall creating a 4 digit account pin with reference to Public Mobile, and assume the robot means my credit card p.i.n.? Which I tried, and it wouldn't accept. So sorry to keep bothering you, I feel lost.

@Kay-Oss ,

The PIN would have been generated when you activated your Public Mobile SIM card. Check your text messages from when you activated.

Can you try making a payment through your Self Serve account, it is quite laggy today, I think PM is trying to update things.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

You could also check in with the Moderators to find out what your PIN is or reset it if you cannot find what it is.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

natewu

@Kay-Oss wrote:

I do not recall creating a 4 digit account pin with reference to Public Mobile, and assume the robot means my credit card p.i.n.? Which I tried, and it wouldn't accept. So sorry to keep bothering you, I feel lost.

It shouldn't be the credit card pin... Do you have voicemail set up? Try using that pin if you didn't set one up during the sign up process

@Kay-Oss wrote:

I would have thought being on AutoPay would have avoided this. Now from what I read I should be keeping a buffer amount in my balance to avoid this issue?

Thanks!

@Kay-Oss , there should be nothing wrong with your card if it is not expired. The Autopays due today seemed to have failed on the Public Mobile side of things...nothing you did.

So manually making a payment should be fine either by 611 or through your self serve account.

natewu

@dond14 wrote:

My account also tells me my account is suspended, yet I am on autopay.  What is going on here!?!

Seems like an issue in the backend of PM's servers. You aren't the only one. 

You can, like others said, manually pay through the website(slower) or 611... or wait for the issue to be resolved by PM

Kay-Oss

dond14

My account also tells me my account is suspended, yet I am on autopay.  What is going on here!?!

Kay-Oss

Thanks!

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kay-Oss wrote:

I've been with Public Mobile since December 2019, same valid credit card, never an issue with the autopay....until today I have a message my account has been suspended and all that I've tried on my account hasn't changed that status (plus no service). Just signed into the community today, and I am panicked! What is happening, what can I do? I tried "Simon" the chatbot, and suggestions aren't tailored to my issue. Can anyone advise me on what I should do? Thanks!

@Kay-Oss make a manual payment by calling 611 or make a payment through your self serve account.

This should get your services up and going.

Kay-Oss

I've been with Public Mobile since December 2019, same valid credit card, never an issue with the autopay....until today I have a message my account has been suspended and all that I've tried on my account hasn't changed that status (plus no service). Just signed into the community today, and I am panicked! What is happening, what can I do? I tried "Simon" the chatbot, and suggestions aren't tailored to my issue. Can anyone advise me on what I should do? Thanks!

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esjliv wrote:

I wonder what the pattern is for all these failures.

• So 30 days ago, did all these customers just activate? 
  • Was it connected to these new Canada-Wide changing to Provincial-Wide calling plans that are supposed to take place?
  • There would need to be some back-end implementing of the system with these 'upcoming' prices changes

@esjliv there must be a connection to something. 

Perhaps, @CS_Agent  could advise us of a reason, an update, or notice or something.

We may never know, I suppose.

Let's hope it is a path to improved efficiency! Yeah, that is what I would like to think or tell myself.

Or is that reaching too high? 😎

I wonder what the pattern is for all these failures.

• So 30 days ago, did all these customers just activate? 
  • Was it connected to these new Canada-Wide changing to Provincial-Wide calling plans that are supposed to take place?
  • There would need to be some back-end implementing of the system with these 'upcoming' prices changes

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

So with all the tricks I usually use and suggest for Self Self account issues and logging in, now I see issues with my account. I got in, just tool a long time and there are 'blank out' areas.

Here is hoping this is something to do with Public Mobile fixing this no service due to Autopay failures - Fingers crossed it is a quick fix!

@esjliv 

No doubt, there'll be some PM employees who'll have to login to work today.

Over the past 2 week-ends, I've noticed there have been workings going on with the self-serve site which caused a variety of blanked out issues, including (but probably not limited to) Plan Change tab not populating with available plans and Plan Details not showing/displaying

Surely Public Mobile knows whatever they may be doing in the background with the site will impact these areas, so they must surely presume Moderator contact will naturally increase during this time of non-functionality.

I hope they're at least supplementing Moderator staffing during these times to benefit customers who need support for normally self-serve functions.

I hope not everyone due today have Autopay problem.. if not, it could be more people out there without the service still.  Not everyone comes here for help.. or some light user might not have checked their phone yet and might not aware that they have no service now.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Over 1000 only users is pretty normal on the Community in active times.

Now there is 1,772. What do you wanna bet issues with Autopay increased this number?

Although GUESTS should not be Public Mobile users...so officially that is only 168 customers?

OR maybe these users do not have their emails linked - tisk tisk tisk

esjliv_0-1617384170917.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

PM today..

softech_0-1617384148489.png

natewu

Hopefully they announce something about this issue if the fix is going to take a while... its been like this for a few hours already.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

haha.. i guess if not urgent issue.. avoid using the Self-Serve site today to do anything... 

Need Help? Let's chat.