cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing someone else’s usage history

lizsoria
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anybody else checked their usage history only to find that all three months of listed calls and texts were not made on your phone, even though it shows your correct phone number?  This has happened to me.  I don’t know if it’s a system error or fraud.  And I don’t know if I’m being billed on the basis of this bogus usage or my actual usage.  I’m currently trying to get to the bottom of this with the moderators but I encourage everyone to check their usage history to ensure they don’t have this problem.

13 REPLIES 13

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lizsoria wrote:

Has anybody else checked their usage history only to find that all three months of listed calls and texts were not made on your phone, even though it shows your correct phone number?  This has happened to me.  I don’t know if it’s a system error or fraud.  And I don’t know if I’m being billed on the basis of this bogus usage or my actual usage.  I’m currently trying to get to the bottom of this with the moderators but I encourage everyone to check their usage history to ensure they don’t have this problem.

Yup --mine also!  Just checked one of our accounts that has not been used for over a month and it shows quite a bit of web activity - however the chart also shows $0 charged. I'm not worried about it since there were no charges and I assume that it must be PM sending me update notices etc.

@lizsoria 

Wow....thats a weird account issue to have. I've had a couple weird things happen in my account but I think yours tops mine! I'm happy to hear the moderators have sorted out for you and have asked the tech team to look into it? I would definitely keep an eye on your account for the next little while. Maybe we need a thread dedicated to the weirdest and whackiest account glitches at public mobile. It would probably make some interesting reading.

lizsoria

It's looking like this may be the issue.  It's been confirmed that I'm being billed for my usage.  So this doesn't seem like a widespread problem.  If I've alarmed anyone, they can probably relax!  Although it never hurts to check your usage. 😉

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@lizsoria sounds to me like an underlying account issue. Like you account had been linked to some other account. Moderators could reset your account and make sure it all lines up for you. Or I wonder if your phone number has been given out twice. I have heard of this before from different carriers. 

Can you change your number? 

@lizsoria wrote:

It’s an iPhone 7S.  The last text I sent and call I received were last Thursday and they didn’t show up in the history.  Other mystery calls and texts did, but not mine.  I don’t think I need to test it again.

@lizsoria  iMessage or SMS?. Are you sending texts to other iPhone users? That uses data or Wi-Fi and not SMS. (green bubble).

@lizsoria wrote:

Yes, everything is fine on my phone.  I only happened to check the usage history because I was going to top up my data, which I seem to have been inexplicably running through over the last few months when it never happened before.  I was trying to see if my usage history would give me a clue as to why this was.  The usage history lists calls and texts between my number and number that I don’t know.  And all the calls and texts I did make are not listed in my usage history.

@lizsoria 

Try the Lost/Stolen trick:

lst.png

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

That will force a soft reset of your account and hopefully fixes the problem. Otherwise submit another ticket to PM and ask them to escalate to their Technical Support department for investigation.

lizsoria

It’s an iPhone 7S.  The last text I sent and call I received were last Thursday and they didn’t show up in the history.  Other mystery calls and texts did, but not mine.  I don’t think I need to test it again.

lizsoria

Yes, everything is fine on my phone.  I only happened to check the usage history because I was going to top up my data, which I seem to have been inexplicably running through over the last few months when it never happened before.  I was trying to see if my usage history would give me a clue as to why this was.  The usage history lists calls and texts between my number and number that I don’t know.  And all the calls and texts I did make are not listed in my usage history.

@lizsoria is everthing else working properly on your phone? Nothing slower than normal? You may have a virus. You can make/ receive/ send calls and texts as normal right? Thanks. 

@lizsoria  What kind of phone are you using? Do you have another phone to test you sim in? Make a call, send an SMS and then check your usage history again. Let us know.

lizsoria

The voicemail number is one of the numbers shown, but none of the other numbers for call and SMS were made on my phone and I’m sure the other person calls voicemail. Lots of activity occurs at times when I’m asleep!  And all my actual texts and phone numbers are not listed in the usage history. So far the mods have just assured me that it’s my history.  I have assured them that it is not.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lizsoria wrote:

@lizsoria  If you are seeing a number similar to (area code)+580-4001 that is the Public Mobile Voicemail number. If not, then best to submit a ticket to PM so that they can investigate. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@lizsoria  wow, thanks, will do. Is the numbers showing ending with 4001? Thats your voicemail number. If this isn't the case, contact the moderators and inform them about this. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.