cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM on website doesn't match my card

DCox88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm unable to make calls or texts, but have found a few calls to my voicemail over the past day.  I can't seem to switch my SIM back to the card I have in my phone.  What do I do?

6 REPLIES 6

@makkahn28  Yes they can reinstate a sim card. No reuse of a sim card is a rule for when you cancel service. They choose not to do it. When sim card is swapped by unauthorized person, they have to put it back. A new sim isn't safer unless it was cloned.

If Sim is taken over, I highly doubt that PM mods can reinstate

Better to replace with New Sim as better to be safe

@DCox88 wrote:

Okay, service is suspended.  Attempting to change my SIM shows it's still in use.  I'm guessing I'll need a new SIM, but it's no big deal.  No sign of any financial fraud or identity theft.

@DCox88 

You either need to get moderator to help switch back SIM card or you could purchase a new SIM card and replace in your self service account.  

DCox88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay, service is suspended.  Attempting to change my SIM shows it's still in use.  I'm guessing I'll need a new SIM, but it's no big deal.  No sign of any financial fraud or identity theft.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@DCox88 

Your account has been SIM jacked.  Compromised

Report your phone lost/stolen.

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  

Change the password to your self service account to something stronger.  Also check any online banking/financial accounts like Paypal and change passwords, etc. 

Then contact moderator for help.  They might be able to restore your old SIM card.  Or you might need to purchase another SIM card and change yourself.

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

New Ticketing system - faster

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: SIM card swap. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@DCox88 

If the SIM card number in self service do not match the sim number in your phone you have been sim jacked. Put your phone in lost/stolen mode in self service and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials. Also change passwords on your other accounts like email, etc.

Contact a moderator to restore your services.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.