cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card too large

Livingcoastal2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I exchange SIM card. The one they sent is too large for my iPhone SE   Is there any costumer service with publicmobile?

9 REPLIES 9

Livingcoastal2

Thank you. I found thetemplet and when I started cutting 2nd side , the edge began to fall off.  I had tried to break the sides off previously but it didn't work. I now have it successfully in my phone 

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM SIM cards at least the recent ones are captible with different sizes, just break off the size for your phone. If that's not the case then you can get a new one or google for nano sim template and you can cut it to size.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have an older sim then you could cut it with a sim cutting tool. https://www.amazon.ca/Operating-Standard-Cutter-Shipping-Wholesale/dp/B07L5516FL/ref=sr_1_20?crid=1J....  Also take it to mobile repair stores and ask if they would cut it for you.

@Tristenr17 wrote:

If i were you i would buy another SIM card that is fresh and new because it could be a very old SIM card you have? It works in my iPhone SE, but is a fresh SIM card. I believe they are only $10

No one is going to notice performance difference in old sim or newer sim. If it fits, it's good.

Tristenr17

If i were you i would buy another SIM card that is fresh and new because it could be a very old SIM card you have? It works in my iPhone SE, but is a fresh SIM card. I believe they are only $10

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Livingcoastal2 wrote:

How do I exchange SIM card. The one they sent is too large for my iPhone SE   Is there any costumer service with publicmobile?

Customer service done by an online ticketing system.

All sims sent by Public Mobile now should fit any phone. You remove the bigger size you don't need. Used to be separate sizes but not for a long time. If they sent old version that only fits one size, you need to click question symbol to contact moderators.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Livingcoastal2 wrote:

These SIMs are tri cut.  This means that the sim should be adjustable to 3 sizes by snapping out the housing.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Livingcoastal2Unless you have a very ancient Public Mobile SIM card, your SIM card should be able to break into the nano SIM size to fit into the iPhone SE. Or you can use a pair of scissors to trim it to size, there are plenty of instructions on the internet.

There only Public Mobile customer service is via the Private messaging system on this forum. If you are not comfortable with it, there are other providers which providers more hands on service (of course they will be more expensive).

Need Help? Let's chat.