cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card stopped working

BirteKuhn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sim was working up till a couple of days ago and then it just stopped.. I have no reception anymore. Having checked on self serve the last four digits appear to be different from the sim i have..please help.. 

4 REPLIES 4

@BirteKuhn 

I'm sure you are in a bit of a panic right now but try and stay calm and follow thru on these steps:

1. Change your pm account's password and suspend your service via lost/stolen.
  2. Call your financial institution and report a possible fraud on your accounts/cards.
  3. If you are put on hold.....suspend online and telephone banking.
  4. Change passwords to all finance related accounts that use your email and or phone # for 2FA.
  5. Create at least two new email accounts : one to change your pm account log in to and one to change any compromised accounts to while you sort everything out.
  6. Contact pm as provided above to restore your account.
  7. When youre all sorted out....review all social media, online accounts etc....and remove any personal identifying info from public view ie birthdates, email and phone numbers, graduation years, life events such as marriages, deaths, births etc...
  8. Fully review all online accounts and change passwords, linked accounts and emails and remove saved method of payments and consider putting a fraud alert on your file with equifax and transunion for security and peace of mind.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@BirteKuhn wrote:

My sim was working up till a couple of days ago and then it just stopped.. I have no reception anymore. Having checked on self serve the last four digits appear to be different from the sim i have..please help.. 

@BirteKuhn 

contact a moderator you can do so by clicking the chat bubble at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue sim swapped

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner, you can also  send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@BirteKuhn wrote:

If they do not match put your phone in lost/stolen mode in self service and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials and change the passwords. I would also change passwords on email accounts, etc.

Next contact a moderator to get your services back.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

When Are Moderators Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in the top right hand corner for a reply from the moderators.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BirteKuhn wrote:

@BirteKuhn oh my looks like you were sim swapped first thing change all your passwords check bank acccounts 

Need Help? Let's chat.