Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card number is invalid

dmitryi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have recently lost one of my phones.

Good thing is that I had purchased another SIM card earlier and was keping it in stock just in case.

Bad thing I have failed to activate this SIM card now, getting the message, "Sorry, the SIM card number is invalid or already in use".

Could you please fix the issue and activate the SIM card as soon as possible?

I'll drop all the nesessari information once you respond.

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thanks for your reply @dmitryi!

The changes were made through your self-serve account, but it's very possible (and totally normal) if you forgot about it! No worries, you can always pick up a new one! 

Get in touch with @Luddite if you're nearby!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Activating a SIM does not require installing it in a phone. In fact I could text you a SIM number and you could enter into your account. In any case my offer of a SIM stands. 

Just noticed the snow fall has begun here! Robot surprised

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dmitryi

I have no idea how it could happen. Because I have just broke it out its holder to embed into a phone.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @dmitryi,

thank you for taking the time to express your concerns.

To back up what my colleague advised you of, the SIM you were trying to add to your account was in fact used. Once a SIM card has been activated, there is no way to "re-use" it. I've also verified this and the SIM appears to be in "held" state.

I was then able to backtrack the SIM history and I can confirm that SIM ending in 326 was active on your account. On February 25th 2017, you swapped the SIM on your account to one ending in 385, which explains the "held" state. In this case, a new SIM is required as this one is no longer functional. 

Please let us know if you require further clarification or assistance.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

dmitryi

Oh

Thanks a lot dear!

I have ordered a couple of cards there. Bad thing, I must wait until delivered now. 

Let me think if I get a chance to pick it up tonight, ok?

I'll let you know 

@dmitryi If you are near the west end of Mississauga send me a private message I have a spare SIM (unused Robot wink) you may have. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dmitryi

Well..

Their final answer was:

"

It seems that the SIM card you are trying to link to your account has already been used and this is the reason why you're unable to use it with your current account. Public Mobile SIM cards can only be activated once.

In this case you will have to purchase a new SIM card. "

"

But,

I have just removed that f***g SIN card of its holder yesterday night. 

Thank you, PUBLIC MOBILE ((( 

Dear Community. Do not expect to mach help PM !

Good luck to all finding a perfect provider!

dmitryi

Well guys,

The support guy keeps kidding me in our privat chat.

He(or she) is just ignoring whatever I have earlier explayned and reasking the same questions again and again. I have already answered the f**g security questions twice (including screeshots of the appropriate account pages).

It seens they have a good fun there while customers stay with NO service.

Ok, lets see what's gonna happen next.

II keep you updated...

dmitryi

Yea, thats what I ve done.

I'll keep the community updated on the case.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Now i suggest you to personally message the @CS_Agent and let them know your situaton. Provide them with your phone number and account number and give them your sim card number that u wanna activate it. they'll be able to do it. 

dmitryi

Than you suggesting it!

Ok,

I have changed my SIM cards a number of times within 3 years with Public Mobile (yes, on selfserve). But this time it haven't worked out.

Browsers I used to try:

- Chome on PC (both: regular and incognito mode)

- IE on PC

- Mozilla FF on Ubuntu

- Safary on Mac 

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know when i lost my phone, i bought another sim card and on my self serve i was able to switch my sim card with no problems. I suggest going on incognito mode so there aren't any cookies interfering with the self serve website which may be the reason to your problems. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dmitryi, the self serve portal can be finicky at times.  Have you tried on a different browser?  Chrome, incognito mode is a good bet.  Failing that, you will have to message the moderator team as already suggested.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Send a private message to @CS_Agent with your Public Mobile phone number, new SIM number, and another phone number in case they need to reach you by telephone.  Also include your PIN.

Need Help? Let's chat.