cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SIM card not working

I have a phone that’s unlocked it’s iphone 6s it’s conpatible with public mobile not lost or stolen when I out SIM card in it says SIM card not compatible 

how do I fix my phone for this ? Have already called original company confirmed phone is unlocked now what?

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: SIM card not working

@Colpitts87 wrote:

I have a phone that’s unlocked it’s iphone 6s it’s conpatible with public mobile not lost or stolen when I out SIM card in it says SIM card not compatible 

how do I fix my phone for this ? Have already called original company confirmed phone is unlocked now what?

There are two possibilities in this situation: a bad SIM card or the phone is still locked to the previous provider.

I would first try your Public Mobile SIM card in another phone to verify the SIM actually works.

Edit: Have you also tried rebooting the phone with the PM SIM in it? Sometimes Apple's unlocking server can behave oddly.

Mayor / Maire

Try putting the sim in another phone.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try connecting iPhone to ITUNES.. see if it pushes any updates to it.. older threads indicate some iPhones when switching from another provider after an unlock need to be plugged into ITUNES so it sends some sort of update to phone..

No guarantees it will work or not as I don't use iPhone but test it out and let us know 

Mayor / Maire

@Colpitts87 wrote:

@Colpitts87  Unfortunately you phone is still locked.

@geopublic wrote:

@Colpitts87 wrote:

@Colpitts87  Unfortunately you phone is still locked.

Yes actually as @geopublic said it might still be locked. I remember other day another person just unlocked their iPhone and it was not working...they connected it into ITUNES so the final unlock process would be sent to phone then it worked on public mobile.

Connect to ITUNES please and try..I'll look for that thread see if I can find it

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Colpitts87If you are sure your phone is unlocked and you have the latest iOS, you do not need iTunes. You just need to make sure you are connected to a wifi network before you put in the SIM card as long as there is a network connection your phone will phone home to Apple to verify your lock status. Obviously if the activation process fails then your phone is not unlocked.

Well I couldn't find thread from like 5 days ago where the person plugged iTunes to finalize the unlock process.

I did however find this much older thread with a very old model iPhone and they had to same thing with iTunes..

The persons response was "Connecting to iTunes, and clicking on the iPhone link resulted in some sort of error message.  Clicking on the iPhone link a *second* time resuted in a pause followed by the message, "Congratulations, your iPhone is unlocked".

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Phone-Unlock-Request/m-p/235422#M1847...

Anyways no harm in trying it if you want.