cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working

Colpitts87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a phone that’s unlocked it’s iphone 6s it’s conpatible with public mobile not lost or stolen when I out SIM card in it says SIM card not compatible 

how do I fix my phone for this ? Have already called original company confirmed phone is unlocked now what?

6 REPLIES 6

Stay Safe!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Colpitts87If you are sure your phone is unlocked and you have the latest iOS, you do not need iTunes. You just need to make sure you are connected to a wifi network before you put in the SIM card as long as there is a network connection your phone will phone home to Apple to verify your lock status. Obviously if the activation process fails then your phone is not unlocked.

Stay Safe!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Colpitts87 wrote:

I have a phone that’s unlocked it’s iphone 6s it’s conpatible with public mobile not lost or stolen when I out SIM card in it says SIM card not compatible 

how do I fix my phone for this ? Have already called original company confirmed phone is unlocked now what?

@Colpitts87  Unfortunately you phone is still locked.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try putting the sim in another phone.

brennanleblanc_
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Colpitts87 wrote:

There are two possibilities in this situation: a bad SIM card or the phone is still locked to the previous provider.

I would first try your Public Mobile SIM card in another phone to verify the SIM actually works.

Edit: Have you also tried rebooting the phone with the PM SIM in it? Sometimes Apple's unlocking server can behave oddly.

Need Help? Let's chat.