cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Change not working

mystt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I am trying to do a SIM change via self serve but it keeps saying 'oops something went wrong'. 

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iliketotalk wrote:

@Sherdizzle you got to watch what you say around here people like to jump on you if your not spot on with your answers Smiley LOL

My motivation is to not propagate incorrect information so as not to confuse readers with non-factual information.

Yea so am I now lol

A long lost relative of Confucius.

Sherdizzle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I can tell lol

@Triguy  who is wikipediaSmiley LOL was he related to Plato?

" no such thing as a stupid question" is a popular phrase with a long history. It suggests that the quest for knowledge includes failure, and that just because one person may know less than others they should not be afraid to ask rather than pretend they already know.

-Wikipedia

@Sherdizzle you got to watch what you say around here people like to jump on you if your not spot on with your answers Smiley LOL

Sherdizzle
Thank you lol

@SherdizzleA SIM card doesn't have radios, they don't "pick" any of those up. It is up to the phones' baseband to determine which frequencies to use.

@Sherdizzle ok I can understand that and there is no harm 

@iliketotalk wrote:

@Sherdizzle  and why are you replying to week old posts?

Technically since this post doesn't have a resolve yet, there's no harm in replying to an older post (not months old anyway).  So long as there's some newer useful information provided IMO.

Sherdizzle
Why not? Isnt harming anyone and I am new here trying to get a hang of it thanks.

@Sherdizzle  and why are you replying to week old posts?

Sherdizzle

Sorry that's what I meant, but the mobile carriers work in different radio frequencies do they not? And the sim cards pick these up?

@SherdizzleSIM has nothing to do with frequencies. The SIM is an unique indentifier telling the network which subscriber is using the phone.

Sherdizzle

It has to be the correct type of sim card your changing to. You cant just pop a Roger's or virgin sim in your PM phone because the frequencies dont always match. Make sure the model code of the sim card is the type used by PM!

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you are constantly getting an error message, connect with moderator team. Generally, they are quick to respond.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mystt 

You might need sending a private message to the moderators team.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mystt wrote:

Hello, 

I am trying to do a SIM change via self serve but it keeps saying 'oops something went wrong'. 

@mystt  Yes unfortunately that happens sometime. Need to clear your browser cache, maybe even restart your computer and try again using incognito mode. If you can use another computer that will also be worth a try. Just keep trying and eventually it will work. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@mysttI usually find the system is more responsive if you try it at mid night or early morning hours.. avoid it around 1:30AM EST as I notice that's when they do their maintence.

Also avoid retrying too many times as it might get locked out.. (without it telling you).

Need Help? Let's chat.