cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SFoster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SIM Card number does not work

Hello!

I am a new customer of public mobile; I have ordered a SIM card and it arrived in the mail today, but I haven't been able to create an account. I attempted to use the Public Mobile Online Activation page to create my account, but the activation failed on step 1. Account Setup, with the message "Invalid SIM". I'm sure I did not enter the number incorrectly. I entered the number 3 times, and each time after it failed I compared the number to the one on the SIM card.

By the way this is a brand new SIM card that I ordered directly from public mobile, I didn't get it second hand.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Re: SIM Card number does not work

The online system can be finnicky at times. Wait an hour, clear your cache and use incognito mode if you have it. If you have a new sim, it is likely valid, but the system has become "confused" with your previous attempts.

View solution in original post

All Replies
ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

The online system can be finnicky at times. Wait an hour, clear your cache and use incognito mode if you have it. If you have a new sim, it is likely valid, but the system has become "confused" with your previous attempts.

View solution in original post

GR
Mayor / Maire

@SFoster   try chrome browser with incognito mode on.  You might have to wait 1 hour before trying again if it doesn't work when you try on chrome 

SFoster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you guys, a very quick reply and great answers!

I cleared the cache and used incognito mode, I didn't even have to wait an hour it worked immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.