cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card not Working

zezinha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I purchased a SIM card today and setup my account. I have made my first payment and my account is registered in the self-server portal. That said, my SIM card does not appear to be working. 

Troubleshooting thus far:

- Tested the new SIM card on my phone and it did not work (my phone is unlocked)

- Tested my new SIM card on my son's phone (his phone is also unlocked)

Taking it a step further...my son ALSO has Public mobile and has been using them for over a month without issue

- I took his SIM card (which again... is registered with Public Mobile) and it works. This confirms that my device is compatible to work with Public Mobile's network and the fact that my SIM card also doesn't work in his phone either is further confirmation.

Please advise.

13 REPLIES 13

@zezinha wrote:

Hi @geopublic 

When i use my son's public mobile SIM card it will automatically connect to public mobile. When I put my SIM card in it will show bars but it won't connect to a network.

Sometimes it will show Telus if I go into the mobile setttings. When I search for networks and public mobile does show up and I click it it will say unable to connect at this time or something along those lines.

With my son's public mobile SIM card it connects automatically on default settings.

Also, my account is not set to lost or stolen and it shows as Active on the self-serve portal.

@zezinha Must br an issue with the account. Hopefully the moderator responds soon with a fix.

zezinha

Hi @geopublic 

When i use my son's public mobile SIM card it will automatically connect to public mobile. When I put my SIM card in it will show bars but it won't connect to a network.

Sometimes it will show Telus if I go into the mobile setttings. When I search for networks and public mobile does show up and I click it it will say unable to connect at this time or something along those lines.

With my son's public mobile SIM card it connects automatically on default settings.

Also, my account is not set to lost or stolen and it shows as Active on the self-serve portal.

@zezinha wrote:

Hi All,

So I got another SIM card from Wow mobile and it did not work as well (transfered SIM number via the portal). At this point I am stumped. If I use my son's Public Mobile Sim card in my phone, it works without issue. When he or I tries to use the new SIM card in our phones it still won't work. 

Does it connect to the PM network. Can you describe what happens does it show any icons or do you get a no service icon?. Also make sure that your account has not been accidently put in suspension via the Lost/Stolen option.

I reached out to the moderator team. How long does it take them to get back? This is really disappointing.

Moderator response depends on volume. It's works on a FIFO system so from a couple of hours to a couple of days.

zezinha

Hi All,

So I got another SIM card from Wow mobile and it did not work as well (transfered SIM number via the portal). At this point I am stumped. If I use my son's Public Mobile Sim card in my phone, it works without issue. When he or I tries to use the new SIM card in our phones it still won't work. 

I reached out to the moderator team. How long does it take them to get back? This is really disappointing.

@zezinha 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Expect 1-2 days wait though.  Try to provide as much information in your initial message for moderators to help you better.  Include your account number, PIN, etc.  

send a private message to the Moderator Team by clicking the envelope icon, then ‘New Message’, and address your message to Moderator_Team.

zezinha

Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement! Here are my anwers to your questions.

@hairbag1 - It was purchased from Wow mobile boutique. The same place my son bought his (which is working and has no issues)
@ZfromVanC - My account does indeed show as active
@sunflowershine - I have also gone to the "change SIM card option" and re-entered it just to ensure it was entered correctly and still no luck unfortunately
@Mackenzieoliver - I have already contacted the store and they said they are unable to exchange or refund the SIM card

Could someone please let me know how I can get in contact with the moderators to resolve this issue?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zezinha wrote:

Hi everyone,

I purchased a SIM card today and setup my account. I have made my first payment and my account is registered in the self-server portal. That said, my SIM card does not appear to be working. 

- Tested the new SIM card on my phone and it did not work (my phone is unlocked)

Taking it a step further...my son ALSO has Public mobile and has been using them for over a month without issue

- I took his SIM card (which again... is registered with Public Mobile) and it works. This confirms that my device is compatible to work with Public Mobile's network and the fact that my SIM card also doesn't work in his phone either is further confirmation.

Please advise.

Great debugging...

Login to your account.

Is your account active?

Is the Public Mobile showing at the top notification bar of your phone?

If yes for both question, your plan feature may not provisioned correctly.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick 

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zezinha wrote:

Hi everyone,

Please advise.

@zezinha From what you describe there are two possibilities. The sim is defective or your account is not setup properly. If when you login your account shows the correct plan and is active  with the correct renewal dates then it's got to be the SIM card. If there are problems with your account then you need to notify the moderator 

While you are waiting for moderator, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

Mackenzieoliver

Might just have to return to the store you have bought it from and get another one! 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zezinha

You may double check if the SIM is correctly entered. If so, you have to contact the Moderator in this situation. You can simply click on the Envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team". 

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Double check that your Account Status online says "active".

Capture.JPG

You may have to return it to the place where you purchased the SIM and get a replacement one.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@zezinha wrote:

Hi everyone,

Please advise.

Good use of troubleshooting skills. Where'd you get the sim card ?

Need Help? Let's chat.