cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: SIM Card not Working

Hi All,

So I got another SIM card from Wow mobile and it did not work as well (transfered SIM number via the portal). At this point I am stumped. If I use my son's Public Mobile Sim card in my phone, it works without issue. When he or I tries to use the new SIM card in our phones it still won't work. 

I reached out to the moderator team. How long does it take them to get back? This is really disappointing.

Mayor / Maire

@zezinha wrote:

Hi All,

So I got another SIM card from Wow mobile and it did not work as well (transfered SIM number via the portal). At this point I am stumped. If I use my son's Public Mobile Sim card in my phone, it works without issue. When he or I tries to use the new SIM card in our phones it still won't work. 

Does it connect to the PM network. Can you describe what happens does it show any icons or do you get a no service icon?. Also make sure that your account has not been accidently put in suspension via the Lost/Stolen option.

I reached out to the moderator team. How long does it take them to get back? This is really disappointing.

Moderator response depends on volume. It's works on a FIFO system so from a couple of hours to a couple of days.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @geopublic 

When i use my son's public mobile SIM card it will automatically connect to public mobile. When I put my SIM card in it will show bars but it won't connect to a network.

Sometimes it will show Telus if I go into the mobile setttings. When I search for networks and public mobile does show up and I click it it will say unable to connect at this time or something along those lines.

With my son's public mobile SIM card it connects automatically on default settings.

Also, my account is not set to lost or stolen and it shows as Active on the self-serve portal.

Mayor / Maire

@zezinha wrote:

Hi @geopublic 

When i use my son's public mobile SIM card it will automatically connect to public mobile. When I put my SIM card in it will show bars but it won't connect to a network.

Sometimes it will show Telus if I go into the mobile setttings. When I search for networks and public mobile does show up and I click it it will say unable to connect at this time or something along those lines.

With my son's public mobile SIM card it connects automatically on default settings.

Also, my account is not set to lost or stolen and it shows as Active on the self-serve portal.

@zezinha Must br an issue with the account. Hopefully the moderator responds soon with a fix.