cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Activation Not Working

evelyn9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went through the process of activating my card. After completing the final step (inputting payment info), the site timed out. It appears that my Self-Serve account was not fully set up, however I used my a referral code during the set up process and that person has received a confirmation email that their referral code was used sucessfully. When I inserted the SIM card into my phone, it says "No Service". I tried to activate my SIM card again, but the website says that my SIM card is now invalid. I also cannot log into my Public account and when I click "Forgot My Password", it says "Sorry, we're unable to verify your email address".

5 REPLIES 5

sakorol911
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

same issue with me right now, what the heck is wrong with this network and their website !

my payment went throu, and i have nothing

@evelyn9 wrote:

I went through the process of activating my card. After completing the final step (inputting payment info), the site timed out. It appears that my Self-Serve account was not fully set up, however I used my a referral code during the set up process and that person has received a confirmation email that their referral code was used sucessfully. When I inserted the SIM card into my phone, it says "No Service". I tried to activate my SIM card again, but the website says that my SIM card is now invalid. I also cannot log into my Public account and when I click "Forgot My Password", it says "Sorry, we're unable to verify your email address".

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@evelyn9 , check your credit card payment history.  If a charge has not been posted, you will still need to do the activation again from the beginning.  The invalid SIM error is because the SIM has been session locked for an hour.  For retry, clear browser cache or use incognito mode.  If your credit card has been charged, then the activation has progressed too far for you to retry.  In that case, you need to contact the moderator team for support.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@evelyn9 wrote:

@evelyn9  Best to contact the moderator team to resolve. Include your sim number in your ticket 

psf.JPG

VirginNo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, same thing happened to me. I had to call my previous service provider to unlock my phone. They gave me a pin number to do so.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Please create your selfserve

That part failed so try doing it by yourself

If that didn't work try contacting mods

Edit: ensure that you user phone that works with public mobile/koodo/telus ( you may have two issues according to the next response)

@evelyn9 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.