cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting a password but forgot all the answers

Zensnyper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to reset my password, but I forgot/lost all the answers to my questions. Is there a work around?

Thanks PM Community.

8 REPLIES 8

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Zensnyper, I stink at remembering passwords. If I didn't write it down or put it in a spreadsheet, My next step is to try looking at the security of your password in the web browser preferences or on a keychain (Macs)

By looking at the Saved Passwords in my web browsers have saved me a few 'oh crud, I can't remember my password and I am gonna be locked out!":

Chrome > Preferences > Autofill > Passwords

Firefox > Preferences > Privacy and Security > Logins and Passwords > Saved Logins

Safari > Preferences > Passwords

@gblackma wrote:

@Zensnyper It has a 24 hours Expiry time.

@gblackma   Is it 24 hours now?

@Zensnyper It has a 24 hours Expiry time.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Zensnyper   You can ask moderators for a password reset here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

The email from moderators has a two hour expiry so make sure to check your messages often otherwise a new password reset will be required.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Zensnyper wrote:

I want to reset my password, but I forgot/lost all the answers to my questions. Is there a work around?

Thanks PM Community.

Yeah, talking to a moderator LOL

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Zensnyper Contact moderators through clicking on ? on bottom right of the page and following directions OR directly through the private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ask them for a temporary password. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Zensnyper Contact the moderators and ask them to for a temporary password. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Zensnyper 

If you are unable to reset the password, you will need to contact moderator.

Click on question mark on right lower corner of website.  Type: contact moderator.  Follow prompts to submit ticket to get moderator help.  

You can also dial 611 on your phone and some basic self service functions can be done via 611,  

Need Help? Let's chat.