cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing and changing plan on a suspended account

Eluder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, whenever my fiancé visits me from the US, I like to give her a local SIM card so she can get around the city while I'm at work. Last time she was here, I activated a PM plan for her and it expired at the end of 2016. She'll be back again end of this month and I'm wondering can I prepay the balance needed for her visit now, but future date it for when she is here, and also change the plan she's on?

I believe the account will be completely suspended/deactivated just as she gets here, so I'm trying to save the SIM we already have IF I can future date the re-activation of this existing SIM.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Yup, when you are not wedded to your number, it's only $5 to start up again. To reduce potential conflicts, use an email address different from the one currently used for her account. If you don't want to create a completely new one have a look at this post:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Workaround-How-to-create-multiple-accounts-...

When you do activate her new account, give your Public Mobile number as the referral and you will save $1/30 days. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Eluder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

But that will cost me $11, I guess it would be cheaper to just get another SIM, because we really aren't attached to her local number anyway.

Thanks for the feedback.

You could change the plan now to 10 day text only for $11. You will have another 90 days before losing the account. When she arrives , change your plan to the one desired. This can only be done picking current plans not with grandfathered plans.

You could change your plan now to 10 day text only for $11. You will have another 90 days before losing the account. When she arrives , change your plan to the one desired. This can only be done picking current plans not with grandfathered plans.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Eluder I'm pretty sure paying the balance will reactivate the account, so there is no future dating option available. 

Need Help? Let's chat.