cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register for Selfe Serve without ability to receive text messages

byl4enya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have probably unique issue. I am trying to register for self serve but not able to complete the registration because it requires to send the message with verification code to your phone number. The problem is that the devise where the sim card is used unable to receive messages (it is smart watch that can receive messages only from few designated numbers). I can call 611 number, but again, if the system will ask me to choose the options I wouldn't be able to because there is no dial pad. Does anybody have an idea how to get around it? I tried to insert the sim card in an older phone, but either it is unlocked or just because the card is too small and I can't g et it properly in place, but it doesn't recognize the card is in there.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

13 REPLIES 13

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kb_mvalready edited my post a few minutes ago.

@BeachNBeer wrote:

The phone needs to be unlocked. Is the one you're trying to use on here unlocked?

@BeachNBeer The OP isn't using a phone, they have a smart watch, thus apparently the issue receiving a text.

byl4enya

He he 😆

I will try that!

BeachNBeer

@byl4enya  you really don't need a tool to pop the slot out. Use a thumbtack. If to big for the hole fine something that will fit in it like a needle. Push in till sim slot pops out.

The phone needs to be unlocked.

@byl4enya there is generally a small pin hole that takes something like a small pin to open it. There are "specialized" tools for this, or you could just use a small pin or paper clip lol. Good luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@byl4enya wrote:

Good to know! Thank you!

What i probably meant is that some of the phones requires special tool to open it. I have 3 yo iPhone and i have no idea how to open it myself. 

A paper clip is not particularly special. 🙂

byl4enya

Good to know! Thank you!

What i probably meant is that some of the phones requires special tool to open it. I have 3 yo iPhone and i have no idea how to open it myself. 

@byl4enya wrote:

I need an older one, that still allows me to open it and insert actual simcard. Thank you again!

@byl4enya Just an FYI, I am pretty sure that any phone you can find in Canada will allow you to open it to insert a sim card, even ones that support esim. I am not aware of any esim only phones as of yet.

byl4enya

Thanks! I summited the ticket, Hope they will come back quick. I still have some time before my next top up. 

I will watch the notifications! 

byl4enya

Thank you, this is my next step (to go to the store) if i won't find the solution on my own. I don't have any other unlocked phones around unfortunatelly. I need an older one, that still allows me to open it and insert actual simcard. Thank you again!

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@byl4enya Try contacting a moderator directly here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@byl4enya 

Use an UNLOCKED phone and make sure you have the SIM card sizing adapters to ensure proper slot sizing for the phone being used.

If you don't have the adapters that should have come with the SIM card, most phone activation booths/storefronts may have them on hand to use.  Probably best to go to Telus or Koodo as they are affiliated companies.

BeachNBeer

Find an unkocked phone that fits the sim is the only way. A friend , family member, neighbor. Or try maybe going to a Telus store and see if they will let you use a phone for a few minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.