cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YVR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Refer a friend code not shown on self-serve portal after activation

@Poogzley wrote:

[Update] Still not showing up, no news form the moderators either...

Saw an account created yesterday during the promo and they have their referral information box showing on the right side like other accounts

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@YVR wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

Saw an account created yesterday during the promo and they have their referral information box showing on the right side like other accounts

I guess this account hit the jackpot then...

@Poogzley wrote:

My friend finally got back to me today and his referral stuff is all there and fine. Definitely seems to be only an issue for your cousin. :\

I'm assuming she already checked her browser settings and stuff? Javascript enabled, adblocking turned off, etc? Did she try a different browser? Clearing the cache or incognito mode like Luddite mentioned? It's worth trying anything and everything at this point.

I'd give a bit more time for the mods but I know there are only a few hours left. Worst case maybe her friends can sign up today with no referral and then once she has hers they can all contact the mods and try to get them added after the fact. It's a very weird situation and I'm hoping the mods will recognize that and allow adding the referrals afterwards.

I really hope the mods get back to her soon!

There is also a box for additional information when activating perhaps those friends when activating can add her phone number, community user name or email used for her account to reference when you present the issue to the moderators to address.

@DanielleMarie wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

My friend finally got back to me today and his referral stuff is all there and fine. Definitely seems to be only an issue for your cousin. :\

I'm assuming she already checked her browser settings and stuff? Javascript enabled, adblocking turned off, etc? Did she try a different browser? Clearing the cache or incognito mode like Luddite mentioned? It's worth trying anything and everything at this point.

I'd give a bit more time for the mods but I know there are only a few hours left. Worst case maybe her friends can sign up today with no referral and then once she has hers they can all contact the mods and try to get them added after the fact. It's a very weird situation and I'm hoping the mods will recognize that and allow adding the referrals afterwards.

I really hope the mods get back to her soon!

@DanielleMarie It is definitely a problem with her account. Her code is nowhere to be seen, when I log into my account on the same computer it shows up right away...

@Poogzley wrote:

@DanielleMarie It is definitely a problem with her account. Her code is nowhere to be seen, when I log into my account on the same computer it shows up right away...

Oh sorry, I didn't realize you were actually with her and had used the same browser! I figured it was worth trying just to rule everything out, but yeah, it's obviously something wrong with her account. So very weird!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have your cousin to have her friends sign up to claim the flash deal this weekend.

In referral section have your cousin's friends try to enter your cousin's email address registered to her account.

If that doesn't work and system does not accept that entry just have them proceed with signing up their account.

They can open a ticket with Moderators after they joined to request them to manually apply the referral bonus. They have done it after the fact for many people and considering you account have a screenshot showing that the referral section doesn't even show on your cousin's account it should not be an issue for the moderators to manually apply the referral bonus.

The referral code appeared! It seem like it just need a full 24 hour period to show up.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's good news 😁

@Poogzley wrote:

The referral code appeared! It seem like it just need a full 24 hour period to show up.

YVR

@Poogzley wrote:

Nice that it showed up in time before the new account promos ends tonight