cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Refer a friend code not shown on self-serve portal after activation

I activated a new line for my cousin a few hours ago, she wanted to share her referral code with her friends who will also be activating this weekend to take advantage of the 30 days free promo however her referral code is nowhere to be found.Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 7.51.50 PM.png

Here are the terms of the promotions:

  • 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25/mo plan or higher from September 7 until September 8 2019, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 7 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 7 business days of activating.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found atca/rewardrules, apply.
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

Source:https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-next-30-days-of-ser...

 

I don't see any mention of forfeiting the ability to have referrals and it even states that "This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions"

 

Anyone else encountered something similar?

Is there usually a delay before the referral code appears in the self-serve portal?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Refer a friend code not shown on self-serve portal after activation

She has to log into her self serve account..the referral code is on right hand side

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Refer a friend code not shown on self-serve portal after activation

Screenshot_20190907_200931.jpg

How it looks on self serve account.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Refer a friend code not shown on self-serve portal after activation


@Jb456 wrote:

She has to log into her self serve account..the referral code is on right hand side


@Jb456 I am well aware of where to find the referral code but the box is completely missing.Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 8.15.50 PM.png

 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Refer a friend code not shown on self-serve portal after activation


@Poogzley wrote:

Anyone else encountered something similar?

Is there usually a delay before the referral code appears in the self-serve portal?


I did some Googling and couldn't find anything similar; it just brings up posts of people not getting the credit, etc. I would say just wait it out but that sucks if she is trying to get people signed during this sale. The promo definitely doesn't mention you won't be able to refer so I hope it's not that. I'm going to ask my friend who just joined to see if he has the same issue.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Refer a friend code not shown on self-serve portal after activation

Hmmm weird. Only thing that I could think of is maybe it takes time for the system to populate a new sign up. When people ask where there referral bonus is their told to wait up to 72 hours...Maybe when Public Mobile system updates each night then that section will become visible??

 

I'd check in a few hours but I understand it's crunch time to get those referrals in for the flash promo deal.

 

Probably best to open a ticket with Moderators to look into via SIMon the chat bot.

Simon.JPG

 

 

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Refer a friend code not shown on self-serve portal after activation


@DanielleMarie wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

Anyone else encountered something similar?

Is there usually a delay before the referral code appears in the self-serve portal?


I did some Googling and couldn't find anything similar; it just brings up posts of people not getting the credit, etc. I would say just wait it out but that sucks if she is trying to get people signed during this sale. The promo definitely doesn't mention you won't be able to refer so I hope it's not that. I'm going to ask my friend who just joined to see if he has the same issue.


Credits to the newly activated account take up to 72 hours.  Credits to the referring party happen at renewal time.  There have never been a promo that negates access to rewards.  As long as the referring party's referral code was entered into the system during activation, the rewards will be issued.  If the referral code was not entered during activation, the moderator team can be asked to add it after the fact by the owner of the new account.  

Oracle

Re: Refer a friend code not shown on self-serve portal after activation

@Poogzley Try the usual things for browser issues: clear cache, use incognitio mode, wait a couple of hours.

Sailing with PM is an adventure for some, unfortunately. 


>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Refer a friend code not shown on self-serve portal after activation


@will13am wrote:


Credits to the newly activated account take up to 72 hours.  Credits to the referring party happen at renewal time.  There have never been a promo that negates access to rewards.  As long as the referring party's referral code was entered into the system during activation, the rewards will be issued.  If the referral code was not entered during activation, the moderator team can be asked to add it after the fact by the owner of the new account.  


The problem is this person doesn't even have a referral code to give out and they want to refer people during the flash sale.

@Poogzley I'm still waiting to hear back from my friend to see if he has the same issue, sorry. In the meantime it might just be best to get her to contact the mods. I hope this can be fixed in time for her to get the referrals!

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Refer a friend code not shown on self-serve portal after activation

[Update] Still not showing up, no news form the moderators either...