cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reativevate phone

Rozanne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not know that the Visa card I was using was recalled. Therefore my AutoPay didn't go through. Now phone is deactivated.  I want to change to a new credit card and get my phone in use again. I forgot or never had a password.  I follow the steps  to get a new password and get a message that says a message has been sent.   Problem is that it arrives hours later and then says it has timed out.   Anyone know what  to do.

9 REPLIES 9

@Rozanne wrote:

Thank you,   I am reactivate .

That's great. Please choose the community member that had the best solution to your issue. Thanks were always here to help.

Whoops I see you did.......geez I'm not awake yet.

Rozanne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you,   I am reactivate .

You can phone 611 wth a voucher as well if the self serve is giving you problems.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@RozanneHow did you activate the phone? Did you do it at store? Did you ever had access to your selfserve account ever? If you say you had never had a pssword and you had have activated at a store.. there is a good change you had never created a selfserve account, creatae it at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

I would recommend go to a store and get a voucher to cover your month plan purchase first.. use that to restore phone service.. then figure out the autopay situation.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rozanne wrote:

I did not know that the Visa card I was using was recalled. Therefore my AutoPay didn't go through. Now phone is deactivated.  I want to change to a new credit card and get my phone in use again. I forgot or never had a password.  I follow the steps  to get a new password and get a message that says a message has been sent.   Problem is that it arrives hours later and then says it has timed out.   Anyone know what  to do.

@Rozanne  Click the ? Bottom right of this page and enter Password Reset. Simon will give you a link that apparently works. Try it. 👍

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Rozanne wrote:

Sorry to hear about this.  You will need to submit a trouble ticket for the moderators to look into this password issue for you.  To submit a work ticket you need to click on the question mark in the bottom right corner of your screen and go through SIMon to submit the ticket.  For your service are you able to purchase a payment voucher from a local retailer and add it through *611

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rozanne wrote:

Since you are getting the password reset email; you have the correct email address on file.  Try asking for a new password once again and check your email more often.  Once you've get in; you can either pay using you new credit card.

If the above fails; you can contact a moderator for help using a ticket (link); if you prefer, you could also just send the mods a message directly using the messaging portal (link).

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Rozanne 

The password reset function does not work all the time.  You will need to contact moderator to reset password, but it is taking 1-2 days minimum to respond.  

If you need service right away, buying a voucher in store or online via recharge.com (service fee) and pay via dialing 611 on your phone.  

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. New Ticketing system - faster

Need to press on question mark icon in right lower corner of website.  Ask SIMon your question and start the ticketing process.  

Pasted Graphic.png

2. Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

The lost password email sometimes takes a while to come to your email. It has a span of 2 hours before it expires.

Please do not continue to try logging into your account with incorrect password and system will lock you out for an hour.

Do forgot password again..maybe even try multiple times and maybe one email will reach your inbox...be sure to check spam folder.

Once you are able to get back into your account 

Click payment

Look down that page and you will see "manage my card"

In that section you will be able to update your credit card and remove the old one

Need Help? Let's chat.