cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate account

MikeJohnson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I haven't used my phone in awhile and it said top up to reactivate I put on 29.00 and it still won't let me do anything....PLEASE HELP

49 REPLIES 49

Glad you're up and running now.

So, did the suggestion for doing the immediate change help?  If it did, possibly a phone restart may have resolved the still unusable services.

But very happy to see you're now up and running.

mack0017

thankyou guys. its working now

Try the lost/stolen phone trick to reset your account.  Where you log in to your self serve and report your phone lost, this will deactivate your sim and wait about 5 minutes and log back in and report it found, this will reactivate your sim and hopefully give it the kick it needs.  Or you can send a private message to the moderators.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

mack0017

now my account shows active but i cannot make any calls or use data. my plan is $50 and includes everything.

Can you attempt to now do an immediate plan change, to the plan you want?  Normally, if there are not enough funds in the available balance, you'll be asked to top up, as you have now the available funds, an immediate plan change should progress without the ask for a top up.

Well there are only two tools left in the bag of tricks for the payment system.. one is to add an $1 to your account.. the other is to toggle Lost / Stolen feature (remember to reboot the phone after each step).. if either or both don't work you will need to talk to the Moderator_Team.

mack0017

yes i tried reactivating the account. when i click there it redirects me to the payment page and when i try to make a payment it says you have enough funds.

so here i enough funds but plan is not reactivating. 

and yes i switched to a new plan this time.and funds are enough for the new plan

@mack0017Are you able to login to the selfserve account to reactivate? Have you tried changing the plaln?

mack0017

i have paid the due amount after deactivation. now my account have enough balance but service is still expired. account is not reactivating. please help.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bonita72 have you heard back yet? Are you private messaging the @CS_Agent

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Bonita72

Hello mary i am also having the same problem. Been sending messages but no response.

Bonita72

I am having the same problem and have sent 3 messages for help and no reply 😞 this is frustrating!!

srlawren

@musicalt4 I just noticed you said you were still paying for it but not getting any service?  I don't understand.....  could you provide more details here?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@musicalt4 how long was the service suspended?  If it was more than 90 days, you've lost the number permanently.  

I'd recommend that you click here to send a private message to the @moderator_team for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • Detailed explanation

Note: Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

musicalt4

Good Day,

I am trying to get my account reactivated the service stopped and I was still paying for the account how can I please get my phone number back as I was using a work phone number for so long I need to get back to using my personal one can someone please help me urgently

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xijacker

You've posted on an old thread so you are not going to get your request seen by people eho can help easily.  Secondly, this is a public forum so please remove your phone # ASAP, it can be seen by anyone on the web.

Sounds like your activation took longer than normal.  This, however rare, is sometimes the case when coming over to a new provider from an old one.  Did you port in a number from an old provider?

To speak with someone about account related questions/issue, click the following link: @CS_Agent, send them your name, account number and a explanation of what happened and they will look into it for you.

xijacker

hello,

i have reactived my phone service yesterday. Myaccount is showing activated and start to charge me yesterday. however, the phone is not connected untill now. 

Please fix it and reset the activated date.

the phone number is xxx xxx xxxx.

Thank

david

srlawren

Hi @pearl_buenafe, I edited your post to remove the phone number.  This is a public forum that everyone including the Google search crawler can read, so posting of private info here is not allowed under the community guidelines.

As @stonechucker mentioned, you will need to get a new SIM card, account, and phone number. More details here.

If your phone has been inactive for 6 months, you will need to get a new SIM, and start over, as after 90 days of not renewing a plan, the account is deleted.  This is standard practice at Public Mobile.

pearl_buenafe

For years, I had a Public Mobile phone(Alcatel) & phone number:437-XXX-XXXX. I left overseas for 6 months and was unable to add more money to my number to keep it active. Now I want to reactivate or activate my account whichever applies. I have my SIM inside my phone still. Pls. advise what I should do now. thanks, Pearl

stas

Hi there,

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND how come you guys haven't solved this problem!!!

I can see people complain for more then half a year!!! And then the answer comes next day. Is it serious??? You leave your clients for the whole day without a phone service??? To my point of view it's ABSOLUTELY unacceptable.

My phone number is 437 345 0134. I payed the balance but the phone is still deactivated.

PLease take care of it ASAP.

All the best,

Newtopublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not being able to login to my self-serve account to recharge my cellphone number. It is not accepting my password and when I am trying to reset the password it is giving me the following error.

ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled

I have send a private message (with my cellphone number) to the moderator hope it helps.

Please note that I haven't used the number for the last 6 months.

Thanks.

pdv
Have a similar issue.

Cwasy
I too am having the same problem.

srlawren

Thanks for taking care of that, @Shazia_K!

@khemmerl could you please give us a brief update when you get a moment so we know if all is well now?  Thanks!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @khemmerl

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's phone issue, 

It has been fixed, please ask her to reboot her phone and everything should be working. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

khemmerl

Thanks so much for your help.  I've emailed all three moderators due to the critical nature of this problem.  It's so frustrating that cell phone companies can simply turn off your service without letting you know.

srlawren

@khemmerl sorry to hear that!  You or your daughter will need to send @Shazia_K a private message with your daughter's phone number and details of the issue, and she or one of the other community moderators will be able to assist.  If you're not sure how to private message, please see the link at the bottom of this reply for more info.

khemmerl

My daughter is travelling across Canada and has the same problem:  Her account is suspended.  I've added money to it but cannot activet it.  Please Help!

Need Help? Let's chat.