cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re self serve account

Twin71231
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I been with you and still can't get into my self serve account I put in my number and it don't send me a code I think if it doesn't fix I might be leavening public

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

I activated a plan at London Drug.  LD was using the same online form to activate my plan, at least the first and the second page are concern.  Retail activation does not ask for the self-serve account password.  I received an email with the link to setup self-server account which sent a 6 digit code by text to my new PM SIM after supplied my new PM number to complete my account registration. 

Thanks for sharing, @popping!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@srlawren wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@srlawren, thanks for mentioning that the retailers don't set up the self-serve account.  As I've never been part of a retailer set up, I've never known the process.  It just seems that everyone with an issue says the retailer messed it up.

@stonechucker you're welcome, but it was @Lieux that brought it up.  I was merely confirming.  Full disclosure:  I also have never activated PM service at a retail location, I'm just drawing on what I've read of the experience here in the community.  

I activated a plan at London Drug.  LD was using the same online form to activate my plan, at least the first and the second page are concern.  Retail activation does not ask for the self-serve account password.  I received an email with the link to setup self-server account which sent a 6 digit code by text to my new PM SIM after supplied my new PM number to complete my account registration.

srlawren

@stonechucker wrote:

@srlawren, thanks for mentioning that the retailers don't set up the self-serve account.  As I've never been part of a retailer set up, I've never known the process.  It just seems that everyone with an issue says the retailer messed it up.

@stonechucker you're welcome, but it was @Lieux that brought it up.  I was merely confirming.  Full disclosure:  I also have never activated PM service at a retail location, I'm just drawing on what I've read of the experience here in the community.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@stonechucker wrote:

@slash407, you can not port a Public Mobile number to another Public Mobile account.  This is not available via Self-Serve (My Account), and moderators have been instructed to not perform it manually.

Correct.  @slash407 this was horrible advice, as it's impossible to do. 

@slash407 wrote:

just auto save, ur password, will save u the trouble. 

@slash407 this part isn't horrible advice, but it's better if someone uses a proper password manager (LastPass, 1Password, etc.).  There's lots out there on the subject, but here's one example article from LastPass:  https://blog.lastpass.com/2018/01/the-eternal-question-why-cant-i-just-use-my-browser.html/.  Honestly, in 2019, if you're not using a password manager, you're probably doing it wrong--however, this is just my personal opinion, and I recognize that everybody's needs are different.

@Lieux wrote:

But @Twin71231 Walmart don’t set up YOUR or MINE access to our PM self serve account. We have to create it first.

Correct.  @Twin71231 you need to set up your self-serve account yourself.  Walmart only does the activation

@slash407, you can not port a Public Mobile number to another Public Mobile account.  This is not available via Self-Serve (My Account), and moderators have been instructed to not perform it manually.

But @Twin71231 Walmart don’t set up YOUR or MINE access to our PM self serve account. We have to create it first.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Twin71231 wrote:

I got the account set up by Wal-Mart 

@Twin71231If you have account you are unable to access or reset the password then message the moderator team by using this link -> Click this to message them.  

Twin71231
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the account set up by Wal-Mart 

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Twin71231 wrote:

I been with you and still can't get into my self serve account I put in my number and it don't send me a code I think if it doesn't fix I might be leavening public

@Twin71231Did you forget your password and the forget password link is not working?If the password reset is not working send a message to the moderator team for them to help you Click this to message them.  

Or did you activate retail and never create a self serve account? To create you rown self-serve account click here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Need Help? Let's chat.