cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-activate After Vacation Suspension

Ma_sh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to reactivate after a vacation suspension.  I am under the 90 day limit.  I tried to reactivate online, pressing the "Reactivate this plan" button.  Nothing - Strike One.  Then I tried to submit a payment online; I filled out the form (multiple ways), but the Submit button was always grayed out.  Strike Two.  Then I called 611 from the phone and went thru the steps to make a payment.  This seemed to work, and the website registered the payment to my account.  But when I try to use the phone, it still says I do not have an active plan.  Strike Three.

So then I tried to submit a ticket.  I can log in to the Community Forum.  But when I try the Chat Bot to get to the "Submit A Ticket" link, it asks me to log in to the Community again.  Then, every time, it rejects my Community login credentials - even tho I can go right to the Community page and login just fine.  Strike Four.  (I've also tried resetting my password several times.  The password is not the problem)

So will a moderator please explain this website/plan behavior and fix my account???

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ma_sh wrote:

One of the Mods fixed it. They said they used the Lost/Stolen feature to fix.  I suggested that rather than a Reactivate button that does not work, they should document the proper procedure and put it in an obvious spot.

@Ma_sh : Well there you go. We all know some of the foibles of the place. We always need to keep in mind that this is a low budget third tier provider. If we were to expect white-glove service and everything working smoothly then it would all be more money.

So many regulars here over time have found and figured out some workarounds with those foibles. We get by. Many customers go away happy to have found a helpful community. Some think it stinks that they have to resort to asking anything and then that there's no one to call and get more steamed about having to wait for the private messaging/ticketing thing to play out.

So a little bump in the road for your reactivation but away you go all working. Good to hear.

@Ma_sh 

You know that's a good idea.....just under the reactivate button. If clicking the reactivate does not renew your service please suspend via lost/stolen. Log out/in. Resume. Log out. Reboot.

@J_PM 

How 'bout it?

Ma_sh

One of the Mods fixed it. They said they used the Lost/Stolen feature to fix.  I suggested that rather than a Reactivate button that does not work, they should document the proper procedure and put it in an obvious spot.

@Ma_sh 

What was the fix?

@Ma_sh 

I am very interested with what the moderators have to say....

1. Using lost/stolen to force the system to take your payment is a proven trouble shooting technique and the only way to suspend an account that has a balance that exceeds the plan amount to prevent a renewal.
  2. The $1 payment is also a proven technique although I have no personal experience using this method.
  3. Adding enough funds to cover your plan amount thru 611 has always successfully reactivated an account as long as lost/stolen is not engaged....to my knowledge.

I will look forward to your reply.

Ma_sh

My phone is working now.  Thank you.

Ma_sh

I did not go the Lost/Stolen route.  In my view, the Public Mobile website is not reliable enough; if a simple thing like clicking the "Reactivate This Account" does not work, who knows what happens if I report the phone as lost or stolen.

Creative workarounds may or may not work, so I have submitted a ticket and am corresponding with support.

@Ma_sh 

BTW....the moderators can not help you until you resume via lost/stolen.

@Ma_sh 

Are you still suspended via lost/stolen? Nothing will work if your account still lists itself as lost/stolen. Except it will take a payment thru 611 but it will not reactivate until you resume via the lost/stolen feature. Once you do this you should immeadiately reactivate and resume your service if the funds you added via 611 cover your total plan amount.

@Ma_sh 

Another trick is to manually load $1 into your available funds.  That sometimes restarts the activation process.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ma_sh : Use the Lost/stolen function to briefly Suspend, log out, log back in and Resume. See what happens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back,

and if still not can't fix it please you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, if you know it,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Ma_sh

Oh, I've also rebooted the phone multiple times and re-logged into the public mobile website multiple times.  Nothing worked.

Need Help? Let's chat.