cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Managing your data usage

WetCoast
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any idea when these issues are going to be addressed?

I have no way of knowing at all as to how much data I've used in the current billing period. When I go to the "My Plan & Add-ons" tab, I see the following (see attached screenshot). There's no info here at all on usage. If I go to the "Usage History" tab, the form doesn't work at all in pulling out usage records for date ranges, plus there's no total of usage for the few records that it does display. This is really amature.

I have 3 family members on Public Mobile, and the results are the same for all of us. It isn't just a problem with my account.

screenshot-selfserve.publicmobile.ca-2017-07-06-13-32-30.png

11 REPLIES 11

marsbar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@SD08 Thanks! Have done!

I also put in a VBA user-defined function I programmed earlier this month into that thread as I found that people there were complaining about date formats and that was something I'd recently sloved in my Excel workbook (otherwise Excel thinks that 1/7/2017  4:41:00 AM is January 2017 when in Public's date format it's 1st of July)

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@marsbar wrote:

I like a breakdown of top callers and data by day of the week, so I ended up creating a Pivot Chart in Excel to give me the info I need.

However, I do notice that by extracting all records from June 22nd to July 10th, I see 3,512 MB of usage when I tally it up however my overview screen says 3,209 MB...any ideas of what's going on?

Also can I get a "Export all data to CSV for your selected date range" option?

@marsbar

Since you're looking for this feature, I recommend voting for this very similar Public Lab idea:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Export-Usage-History-into-Excel/idi-p/5422...

marsbar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I like a breakdown of top callers and data by day of the week, so I ended up creating a Pivot Chart in Excel to give me the info I need.

However, I do notice that by extracting all records from June 22nd to July 10th, I see 3,512 MB of usage when I tally it up however my overview screen says 3,209 MB...any ideas of what's going on?

Also can I get a "Export all data to CSV for your selected date range" option?

corollace

I would have to say the data useage history on the webiste doesn't work well. It's NOT in date time order. It did not work at all when you are trying to use the "start/end" day method to do the query. The programmer didn't think too much for the proper functionality.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just recently switched three lines and all have "My Data Manager" on them and it's been surprisingly accurate when I compare with Self-Serve so definitely a recommendation from me! 🙂

SD08

@mimmo wrote:

the problem with the android app is it doens't "roll over" the data if you are on a 90 day term. if you have 2 gb /month and you use only 1 gb on the first month you have 2.5 gb for the next two months, but  for 30 days it might be ok.

I have no such problem with rollover. I simply create the 90 day plan in the app with 12GB to exactly coincide with the start and end dates of my PM cycle. No rollover needed, as PM's data doesn't rollover past the billing cycle, and the app plan resets itself at the same time as my actual plan.

mimmo
@punkajay wrote:

I agree with t his approach.  Even just the standard usage monitor on Android devices works fine for me. 

the problem with the android app is it doens't "roll over" the data if you are on a 90 day term. if you have 2 gb /month and you use only 1 gb on the first month you have 2.5 gb for the next two months, but  for 30 days it might be ok.

punkajay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree with t his approach.  Even just the standard usage monitor on Android devices works fine for me.

You configure it to reset on the start day of your billing cycle and the stats, I believe, will be more timely than waiting for it to show up on the the site.  Mods correct me if I'm wrong on this.

@SD08 wrote:

@WetCoast

I recommend using an app such as My Data Manager, available for android or iOS.  It's quite accurate and it's customizable to 30 or 90-day plans.  It also has custom alarms to warn when you've reached certain thresholds of usage.  That way, you won't have to always log on to the PM account just to see the usage.

SD08

@WetCoast

I recommend using an app such as My Data Manager, available for android or iOS.  It's quite accurate and it's customizable to 30 or 90-day plans.  It also has custom alarms to warn when you've reached certain thresholds of usage.  That way, you won't have to always log on to the PM account just to see the usage.

WetCoast

Yes I can @Jeremy_M. Not sure how I missed that, but thanks.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@WetCoast

Thank you, for bringing this to our attention. Can you verify your data usage on the "Overview page" The first page you see when you log-in at the bottom left-side?

Let me know 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.