cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Email

elgie95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am posting on behalf of my Aunt. She currently does not have access to the email associated with her account as she does not have the password and is not able to reset its password. We cannot contact a moderator because she can't verify the information- it's all on her ex's email which she does not have access to. I have tried everything to verify her information in order to change the email to her new one, but because this account I created on the community is not associated with an actual public mobile account, I'm at a roadblock. Is anyone able to help? I think we might just have to get a new sim card...

17 REPLIES 17

@LEGO 

If a member contests who is the rightful winning contestant of a pm contest that is how pm settles the dispute.

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY 

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share, in the Public Mobile Community post, their favourite holiday memory. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

When it comes to the winner of a pm contest its the owner of the email.

That cannot be true!
My 82-years old mother doesn't have an email, so on one of my email accounts I replaced my name with hers... It's not actually hers, but mine!

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

OK, if as you say, the owner of the e-mail is the 'rightful' owner of a PM account, how is this OP's Aunt going to get the Moderators to 'legitimately' change the e-mail address to one of her choosing?  (let's be clear, I'm NOT saying she shouldn't be able to assume on-going ownership, i'm just playing devil's advocate here...)

Wouldn't that request have to be made by the owner of the e-mail, and not a 3rd party, even IF that 3rd party is the user of the service and product and can verify calls and such?   

@HALIMACS 

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

Uh oh! That would mean a couple of dead spouses own my accounts. Now what am I going to do?

You're following me though, right?  I'm not doubting the OP's described scenario, however there's likely LOTS of accounts out there being 'managed' by someone who in no way is the user of the device or even the person named on the account.

This leads me to wonder, which identifier on an account denotes the legal right of OWNERSHIP of a Public Mobile account:

• email address owner
  • the SIM card owner
  • registered payment card owner which has been set up for auto-pay
  • name displayed on account

@HALIMACS 

Uh oh! That would mean a couple of dead spouses own my accounts. Now what am I going to do?

@elgie95 

The challenge here might be how or whom Public Mobile deems to be the customer of record.

Because the name on an account can be anyone it's written to be (even Mickey Mouse) it's possible the moderators may deem the "owner" of an account to be the owner of the email address and/or the associated payment card which has been paying for the service.

It will be interesting to know how Public Mobile chooses to deal with this, even with the scenario you present.

I hope things go okay for you if you are the user of the device with the registered SIM in it. 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@elgie95 wrote:

I am posting on behalf of my Aunt. She currently does not have access to the email associated with her account as she does not have the password and is not able to reset its password. We cannot contact a moderator because she can't verify the information- it's all on her ex's email which she does not have access to. I have tried everything to verify her information in order to change the email to her new one, but because this account I created on the community is not associated with an actual public mobile account, I'm at a roadblock. Is anyone able to help? I think we might just have to get a new sim card...

Hi @elgie95 if your aunt is not too attached to her phone number, just get a new sim card and avail of Public Mobile latest limited-time promotion 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

From March 19 - March 31 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

Plus, now for a limited time, save $5 every month when you activate on any Canada-wide plan. See PM plans

I would not recommend ordering sim card from Public Mobile as delivery is about 2-3 weeks sometimes even longer.  Check out Walmart - there are stores that will give you free PM sim card if you activate with them.  

Also check out Amazon - PM sim card from $8.99 

and Canadian Cell Supplies - PM sim card on sale at $4.99

Have a great weekend

RosieR

@elgie95 

Follow my instructions and add Moderator_Team to the send to line in your private messages. Then you should have no problem changing the email address. Once done access the account and change the passord and security question. Write all of that down with the pin # and put it somewhere for safekeeping for future reference.

@elgie95 wrote:

Yes the account is in her name, and she would be able to verify any of the information (rewards in her account, etc) but the problem is I can't seem to get a hold of a moderator. 

@elgie95  Just click the link provided by @Dunkman then watch for replies by clicking on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@elgie95 wrote:

Yes the account is in her name, and she would be able to verify any of the information (rewards in her account, etc) but the problem is I can't seem to get a hold of a moderator. 

@elgie95   If that is the case, it's not that tricky then.  Open a ticket with Mod, as advised above by other member.  The mod  will reply.  Just  keep checking your  inbox for new message (the envelope icon on top besides your avator).  they will ask you couple questions for validation and you should be able to provide if the account is in her name.   No worry about that the email used in the community account is different. 

elgie95

Thank you!

elgie95

@elgie95 

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Wait times have improved and are currently about one hour.

Have a new email ready to have the moderators change the old one from. It may just be easier to "be" your aunt once you glean as much personal info from her that may be on the account. Also get the last few numbers she has sent/recieved texts or calls to/from. You may want to call her before you chat with the moderator to make the last phone # yours and have her available if you need to ask her for more info.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Honest, I doubt Mod will allow to reset the account for your case.

Consider getting a new account with a new phone number. In fact, it's not bad time now, they are running a new promotion.  Just don't get the sim from PM directly (it takes 3 weeks and promo would be over).  Get the SIM from a local Kiosk like Warlmart/Londons Drug/Loblaws.  They might give you the SIM for.  So,pretty much no cost and in fact some saving except you loss your current phone number

@elgie95 wrote:

Is the account actually in your aunt's name?  As dunkman was saying, the moderators can't do anything for her unless she can prove that the account is hers.  There was a recent case of another customer not being able to answer the quetsions about the account and that customer was informed that identification would need to be shown at a store that sells Public Mobile.  However, I wouldn't proceed to that step until after at least speaking to the moderators. If the account isn't in her name and she can't answer the security/verification quetsions, it would be unfortunate, but Public Mobile wouldn't be able to unlock the account for her.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@elgie95 

@elgie95 wrote:

That is a difficult situation.  Public mobile needs to verify ownership of account before gaining access to self service account. To protect customers.  

Try to private message moderator and explain the situation in detail.  See what the moderator team can do for you and your aunt.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

PS I will start your own thread to gain better visibility.  

Need Help? Let's chat.