cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Effective February 15th, changes are happening to Legacy

Wisewoman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, I came on the forum because I'm unable to log onto my account AT ALL. Every website gives me an error when I go to "my account" or "login", including this one.

Then I see all of this nonsense about plans & rates changing BACK IN FEBRUARY & I wasn't notified at all?

Sorry public mobile, that's not cool. I'm out. I really don't care how cheap your plans are, if I can't trust my cell provider, the relationship is over. It's why I came to PM in the first place; ZERO trust for big Blue & nasty Red corporations.

I'm now wondering if this is why I can't log into my account. You don't want people seeing their plans & what you have done to them. I simply want to see how many long distance minutes I have left. This is unacceptable.

You are quite capable of sending a standard text monthly notifying me of my monthly payment coming due. I'm assuming you can do this for every single account holder. This means you have the capability of sending out account changes to every customer. 

How is it legal for you to not tell us about changes that are happening? 

I will be taking my phone elsewhere very soon. It's not like you have stellar customer service keeping me here.

27 REPLIES 27

sweetiee28
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did can you check it and respond to me there please 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @sweetiee28.

Thanks for reaching out to us! If you need help with changing plans, please feel free to send us a private message.

Best,

Syed

sweetiee28

hi can you help me change my plan to $45 5.5GB please 

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

And every single thread doesn't end up with someone telling the OP to find another service.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

He doesn’t look like an Oracle to me. 

Gwaiiguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawrenwrote:

@dave2 good lord.  Go for a walk.  Wow.  What is wrong with people here lately?  I've had my head ripped off twice today already (only once by you, mind you).  If you're not happy with the support model here--which is community based--then take your service elsewhere so you don't have to deal with people trying to be helpful to others.  Good lord. 

There it is again. Can't go 1 thread without an "Oracle" telling the OP to go find another service. But noooo they don't do that./scsm

srlawren

@dave2 Nicely crafted response.  Well done!  Kudo recipricated.  Have a wonderful Wednesday, free to pursue a life of religious fulfillment.   

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dave2

@srlawren

Please, sir, remember: this is a POLY-theistic community. Also: you're absolutely right. Much better to leave the dreamers to dream that everything happening here is a great celebration of collective altruism.

And now let me reward you with a Bravo! – my sweet, gentle dreamer.

srlawren

@dave2 good lord.  Go for a walk.  Wow.  What is wrong with people here lately?  I've had my head ripped off twice today already (only once by you, mind you).  If you're not happy with the support model here--which is community based--then take your service elsewhere so you don't have to deal with people trying to be helpful to others.  Good lord. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dave2

Yeah, people, heed the words of Ashley, and attack the MODERATORS, not the delusional crowd that thinks TELUS is a charitable organization. (A charitable organization consisting of a $12.5 billion Corporation that has created a virtual town (in ancient Greece?) for people with too much time on their hands – like me – who like to have their voluntary labour rewarded through hollow incentivization schemes reliant on their thirst for narcissistic gratification; i.e. a charitable organization, the goal of which is to accommodate a new era of employment in which all you need to do is pat people on the heads and tell them what wonderful "oracles" they are so that they'll bow down before you, thus making it easier to get the leashes around their necks; a charitable organization that creates a vibrant "COMMUNITY" to further its data harvesting activities – because "data is the new oil," people! – so that we too can one day become the recipients of "hyper-personalized targeted messaging" thanks to all the exciting advancements in Big Data – because who doesn't want to be the target of some ingenious network of increasingly interoperable algorithms?; in other words, a charitable organization that can, if successful, continue to fire its ACTUAL employees thanks to technological innovation and the fact that there's a growing segment of the population willing to work FOR FREE, thus increasing shareholder profits through automation and employee attrition – which, of course, is the ultimate goal of the particular charitable organization, TELUS, we're all here to celebrate and work for, right?)

@Gwaiiguy

Okay, you were right. I definitely need to disable email notifications!

@Wisewomanwrote:

Wow! Such a helpful reply from a supposed "Oracle". THIS is the kind of reply that gets you a discount on your bill? You guys have a sweet system going on here, right? 

You mock people's comments & concerns, offer ZERO legitimate help & get your other lame "Oracle" buddies to give you Bravos. 

No wonder PM is taking credits away from certain plans.

I have offered you options you have to access a person over the phone.  I am not sure where I have mocked your comments or concerns.  I did say I did not think you were inept because that is what you jumped to with Mary's comment.  Seeing as you continue to attack people on here (Oracles, Mayors and anyone that has ever offered assistance) that we are just customers like you.  I must say your username did almost fool me but you have proven not to live up to that billing.  Yes I just did get to your level

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Wisewoman,

On the contrary - we offer support because that's what we're here for and we're sincerely happy to help.  As I mentioned, please send us a private message if you need any assistance with resetting your self-serve password.  I look forward to your reply !

I also want to thank @Ashley_T for chiming in - and she is right - let's not start lashing out at each other since this is a forum to get help and give help 🙂

Cheers everyone,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Ashley_T

Hi guys,

I understand that certain of you are expressing your concerns about the price increase, as well as voicing your opinion about our wonderful oracles, but please keep in mind that this is a Public Forum/ Community for Public Mobile users, so please refrain from lashing out at those who are here to assist you

If you have an issue with your services, send us moderators a private message and we'll gladly help you 🙂 If you have an issue with a user, let's try to keep the degrading comments to ourselves 😉

Finally, thank you to the Oracles and Mayors for your support!

Have a great day!  

Ashley - A fellow moderator 🙂

Wisewoman

Wow! Such a helpful reply from a supposed "Oracle". THIS is the kind of reply that gets you a discount on your bill? You guys have a sweet system going on here, right? 

You mock people's comments & concerns, offer ZERO legitimate help & get your other lame "Oracle" buddies to give you Bravos. 

No wonder PM is taking credits away from certain plans.

@Wisewomanwrote:

Thank you for your feedback and honest support Dave. I find what Public mobile has done with this rate change absolutely unconscionable. I worked in the communications industry for several years just as mobile technology was breaking out to mainstream & the public was open to having home phone service from other providers besides good old "Ma Bell".

I am well aware of the amount of regulations & rules that go along with being a communications provider, granted they have certainly cganged since.

To just randomly discontinue promised benefits from certain plans is unacceptable. Usually practice is to "Grandfather" those accounts if you no longer want them ordered in their original state & COMMUNICATE THOSE CHANGES to all customers 3 months prior to any changes (still current regulations).

You are correct about the several (unhelpful, snide, or sarcastic) comments I recieved from various "Oracle" & "Mayor" types. Ironically, most of them sent me the exact same message twice. I'm guessing this gives them credit for 2 helps & more discounts. It pays to know how to screw the system & have no morals, or work for the company & recommend the sister company so my money stays in the family.

A message was sent out to ALL LEGACY plan holders.  If you had unsubscribed from these messages in the past you may not have received one.  I am not saying you are inept, just saying you may have unsubscribed in the past and forgot.  If your price has increased then you are a Legacy plan holder and have access to phone support.  I am not sure if you have tried that avenue for assistance?  As for your other comments about the people offering assistance on the forums here is a little overboard saying people are screwing the system and have no morals.  I could go into this further but won't get into name calling.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good afternoon @Wisewoman,

thank you for taking the time to write back to us !

Rest assured that we don't point fingers at anyone - there definitely is something wrong with the password reset link but I can't explain the lost password or why you could no longer log in. Nevertheless, we're here to help you regain access to your account. 

I've replied to your post from yesterday, please feel free to send me a private message and I'll gladly reset your password for you 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren

@Wisewoman Pick on the oracles and mayors all you like, since we are just other customers like yourself and can only offer suggestions (essentially:  we don't really matter); however, cutting sarcasm directed at the people that can actually help you (aka the moderator team) is rarely an effective means to get better help. Feel free to call me condescending should you feel the need, I just wanted to point that out.  Have a great day.

Wisewoman

Hi Mary, 

I appreciate your reaching out and assuming I have lost my password. It would have given good to check your system logs since moments after my post, an error message appeared on your website for account log in, stating the site was temporarily unavailable for "updates".

But it awesome that you assumed it was my ineptitude. THANKS for taking ownership & not addressing the rate increases or lack of communication to your customers regarding the increases.

Well done.

Wisewoman

Thank you for your feedback and honest support Dave. I find what Public mobile has done with this rate change absolutely unconscionable. I worked in the communications industry for several years just as mobile technology was breaking out to mainstream & the public was open to having home phone service from other providers besides good old "Ma Bell".

I am well aware of the amount of regulations & rules that go along with being a communications provider, granted they have certainly cganged since.

To just randomly discontinue promised benefits from certain plans is unacceptable. Usually practice is to "Grandfather" those accounts if you no longer want them ordered in their original state & COMMUNICATE THOSE CHANGES to all customers 3 months prior to any changes (still current regulations).

You are correct about the several (unhelpful, snide, or sarcastic) comments I recieved from various "Oracle" & "Mayor" types. Ironically, most of them sent me the exact same message twice. I'm guessing this gives them credit for 2 helps & more discounts. It pays to know how to screw the system & have no morals, or work for the company & recommend the sister company so my money stays in the family.

dave2

@Gwaiiguy

Nah, man, I'm just a temporary visitor here. This may even be my last post!

I appreciate your response, though, and will add the requisite Bravo.

Gwaiiguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@dave2wrote:

@Wisewoman

You have my sympathy. Our glorious leader, Justin Trudeau, loves to gush about the wondrous benefits that will accrue from all the Free Trade agreements he keeps signing on behalf of us Canadians. Yet these super-amazing Free Trade agreements never seem to diminish the power of the tiny colluding cadre of Canadian Telecommunications Companies that dominate the landscape – no matter how many IMF or OECD papers get published admonishing Canada to open up the market. Clearly, Pay to Play is as alive and well in Canadian politics as it ever was.

I suspect most of the responses you have received will be of little help to you, especially that one from Will13am. (This is what the people here call an ORACLE? Seriously?) I myself do not have any problems accessing my account –  though, like you, I also had my monthly rate increased WITHOUT receiving any advance warning, and, yes, that was EXTREMELY annoying.

I have no solutions to offer you. (For home internet I recommend TekSavvy.) I, unfortunately, have to stick with my current plan for at least the next few months, during which time I will peruse the paltry alternatives. Eventually, I suspect, the main question I will be asking myself will be: Do I REALLY need a phone? Having lived without a phone for extended periods of time during my life, I know that – for me, at least – it's actually possible. I hope it is for you.

Sorry for being so unhelpful.

Yours truly,

Dave2

PM definition for "oracle" means "person who shares bravos amongst other known "oracles" for useless or repeat posts". now go ahead and flame me for some more bravos, "oracles" and "mayors". you know you will.

dave2

@Wisewoman

You have my sympathy. Our glorious leader, Justin Trudeau, loves to gush about the wondrous benefits that will accrue from all the Free Trade agreements he keeps signing on behalf of us Canadians. Yet these super-amazing Free Trade agreements never seem to diminish the power of the tiny colluding cadre of Canadian Telecommunications Companies that dominate the landscape – no matter how many IMF or OECD papers get published admonishing Canada to open up the market. Clearly, Pay to Play is as alive and well in Canadian politics as it ever was.

I suspect most of the responses you have received will be of little help to you, especially that one from Will13am. (This is what the people here call an ORACLE? Seriously?) I myself do not have any problems accessing my account –  though, like you, I also had my monthly rate increased WITHOUT receiving any advance warning, and, yes, that was EXTREMELY annoying.

I have no solutions to offer you. (For home internet I recommend TekSavvy.) I, unfortunately, have to stick with my current plan for at least the next few months, during which time I will peruse the paltry alternatives. Eventually, I suspect, the main question I will be asking myself will be: Do I REALLY need a phone? Having lived without a phone for extended periods of time during my life, I know that – for me, at least – it's actually possible. I hope it is for you.

Sorry for being so unhelpful.

Yours truly,

Dave2

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Wisewoman, there's only 3 colors to choose from in Canada, red, blue and green.  They are identical.  Switching carriers solves little if you don't look after your own interests. You have to look after #1 always.  

I haven't paid attention to what is being offered to legacy customers when there's a price increase.  If you get something good like those of us who are on the 2016 fall promo, take it and run.  By all accounts, the future at Koodo appears friendly.  

mimmo

@Wisewoman  you you decide to stay a good option is to change to an in market plan.  it can actually be cheaper than your current plan as you immideatly get 2-3$ in loyalty credits and qualify for autopay.

this post is an example

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Amazing-plan/m-p/227603#M26459 

the base plan is $25/30 based on 90 day term and they are only paying $19/30 after $3 loyalty, $2 auto pat and $1 referal

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Wisewomanwrote:

So, I came on the forum because I'm unable to log onto my account AT ALL. Every website gives me an error when I go to "my account" or "login", including this one.

Then I see all of this nonsense about plans & rates changing BACK IN FEBRUARY & I wasn't notified at all?

Sorry public mobile, that's not cool. I'm out. I really don't care how cheap your plans are, if I can't trust my cell provider, the relationship is over. It's why I came to PM in the first place; ZERO trust for big Blue & nasty Red corporations.

I'm now wondering if this is why I can't log into my account. You don't want people seeing their plans & what you have done to them. I simply want to see how many long distance minutes I have left. This is unacceptable.

You are quite capable of sending a standard text monthly notifying me of my monthly payment coming due. I'm assuming you can do this for every single account holder. This means you have the capability of sending out account changes to every customer. 

I will be taking my phone elsewhere very soon. It's not like you have stellar customer service keeping me here.

As a Legacy plan holder (because you must be as that is what pricing went up)  you have access to customer service over the phone and would be able to find out how many LD minutes you have.  You must have turned off the notifications because many legacy members came in and were talking about this.

Rockdaddy22

@Wisewomanwrote:

I don’t even know where to begin with this nonsense, so I’ll just 🤐

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Wisewoman,

thank you for reaching out to us !

sorry to hear that you haven't been able to access our account or reset your self-serve password. It's possible that this was simply a forgotten password, but we can help! Can you please send us a private message including your details? 

I look forward to your reply,

Mary

Need Help? Let's chat.