cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Effective February 15th, changes are happening to Legacy

So, I came on the forum because I'm unable to log onto my account AT ALL. Every website gives me an error when I go to "my account" or "login", including this one.

Then I see all of this nonsense about plans & rates changing BACK IN FEBRUARY & I wasn't notified at all?

Sorry public mobile, that's not cool. I'm out. I really don't care how cheap your plans are, if I can't trust my cell provider, the relationship is over. It's why I came to PM in the first place; ZERO trust for big Blue & nasty Red corporations.

I'm now wondering if this is why I can't log into my account. You don't want people seeing their plans & what you have done to them. I simply want to see how many long distance minutes I have left. This is unacceptable.

You are quite capable of sending a standard text monthly notifying me of my monthly payment coming due. I'm assuming you can do this for every single account holder. This means you have the capability of sending out account changes to every customer. 

How is it legal for you to not tell us about changes that are happening? 

I will be taking my phone elsewhere very soon. It's not like you have stellar customer service keeping me here.

Good morning @Wisewoman,

thank you for reaching out to us !

sorry to hear that you haven't been able to access our account or reset your self-serve password. It's possible that this was simply a forgotten password, but we can help! Can you please send us a private message including your details? 

I look forward to your reply,

Mary

**Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.**

---
Enter our Guacamole Day Contest here by 12:00PM EST, September 21st for a chance to win a President's Choice $50 Gift Card!
No purchase necessary.
Read complete Contest Rules before entering.
Oracle

@Wisewomanwrote:

So, I came on the forum because I'm unable to log onto my account AT ALL. Every website gives me an error when I go to "my account" or "login", including this one.

Then I see all of this nonsense about plans & rates changing BACK IN FEBRUARY & I wasn't notified at all?

Sorry public mobile, that's not cool. I'm out. I really don't care how cheap your plans are, if I can't trust my cell provider, the relationship is over. It's why I came to PM in the first place; ZERO trust for big Blue & nasty Red corporations.

I'm now wondering if this is why I can't log into my account. You don't want people seeing their plans & what you have done to them. I simply want to see how many long distance minutes I have left. This is unacceptable.

You are quite capable of sending a standard text monthly notifying me of my monthly payment coming due. I'm assuming you can do this for every single account holder. This means you have the capability of sending out account changes to every customer. 

I will be taking my phone elsewhere very soon. It's not like you have stellar customer service keeping me here.

I don’t even know where to begin with this nonsense, so I’ll just 🤐

Oracle

@Wisewomanwrote:

As a Legacy plan holder (because you must be as that is what pricing went up)  you have access to customer service over the phone and would be able to find out how many LD minutes you have.  You must have turned off the notifications because many legacy members came in and were talking about this.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@Wisewoman  you you decide to stay a good option is to change to an in market plan.  it can actually be cheaper than your current plan as you immideatly get 2-3$ in loyalty credits and qualify for autopay.

this post is an example

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Amazing-plan/m-p/227603#M26459 

the base plan is $25/30 based on 90 day term and they are only paying $19/30 after $3 loyalty, $2 auto pat and $1 referal

Oracle

@Wisewoman, there's only 3 colors to choose from in Canada, red, blue and green.  They are identical.  Switching carriers solves little if you don't look after your own interests. You have to look after #1 always.  

I haven't paid attention to what is being offered to legacy customers when there's a price increase.  If you get something good like those of us who are on the 2016 fall promo, take it and run.  By all accounts, the future at Koodo appears friendly.  

Highlighted

@Wisewoman

You have my sympathy. Our glorious leader, Justin Trudeau, loves to gush about the wondrous benefits that will accrue from all the Free Trade agreements he keeps signing on behalf of us Canadians. Yet these super-amazing Free Trade agreements never seem to diminish the power of the tiny colluding cadre of Canadian Telecommunications Companies that dominate the landscape – no matter how many IMF or OECD papers get published admonishing Canada to open up the market. Clearly, Pay to Play is as alive and well in Canadian politics as it ever was.

I suspect most of the responses you have received will be of little help to you, especially that one from Will13am. (This is what the people here call an ORACLE? Seriously?) I myself do not have any problems accessing my account –  though, like you, I also had my monthly rate increased WITHOUT receiving any advance warning, and, yes, that was EXTREMELY annoying.

I have no solutions to offer you. (For home internet I recommend TekSavvy.) I, unfortunately, have to stick with my current plan for at least the next few months, during which time I will peruse the paltry alternatives. Eventually, I suspect, the main question I will be asking myself will be: Do I REALLY need a phone? Having lived without a phone for extended periods of time during my life, I know that – for me, at least – it's actually possible. I hope it is for you.

Sorry for being so unhelpful.

Yours truly,

Dave2

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@dave2wrote:

@Wisewoman

You have my sympathy. Our glorious leader, Justin Trudeau, loves to gush about the wondrous benefits that will accrue from all the Free Trade agreements he keeps signing on behalf of us Canadians. Yet these super-amazing Free Trade agreements never seem to diminish the power of the tiny colluding cadre of Canadian Telecommunications Companies that dominate the landscape – no matter how many IMF or OECD papers get published admonishing Canada to open up the market. Clearly, Pay to Play is as alive and well in Canadian politics as it ever was.

I suspect most of the responses you have received will be of little help to you, especially that one from Will13am. (This is what the people here call an ORACLE? Seriously?) I myself do not have any problems accessing my account –  though, like you, I also had my monthly rate increased WITHOUT receiving any advance warning, and, yes, that was EXTREMELY annoying.

I have no solutions to offer you. (For home internet I recommend TekSavvy.) I, unfortunately, have to stick with my current plan for at least the next few months, during which time I will peruse the paltry alternatives. Eventually, I suspect, the main question I will be asking myself will be: Do I REALLY need a phone? Having lived without a phone for extended periods of time during my life, I know that – for me, at least – it's actually possible. I hope it is for you.

Sorry for being so unhelpful.

Yours truly,

Dave2

PM definition for "oracle" means "person who shares bravos amongst other known "oracles" for useless or repeat posts". now go ahead and flame me for some more bravos, "oracles" and "mayors". you know you will.

@Gwaiiguy

Nah, man, I'm just a temporary visitor here. This may even be my last post!

I appreciate your response, though, and will add the requisite Bravo.

Thank you for your feedback and honest support Dave. I find what Public mobile has done with this rate change absolutely unconscionable. I worked in the communications industry for several years just as mobile technology was breaking out to mainstream & the public was open to having home phone service from other providers besides good old "Ma Bell".

I am well aware of the amount of regulations & rules that go along with being a communications provider, granted they have certainly cganged since.

To just randomly discontinue promised benefits from certain plans is unacceptable. Usually practice is to "Grandfather" those accounts if you no longer want them ordered in their original state & COMMUNICATE THOSE CHANGES to all customers 3 months prior to any changes (still current regulations).

You are correct about the several (unhelpful, snide, or sarcastic) comments I recieved from various "Oracle" & "Mayor" types. Ironically, most of them sent me the exact same message twice. I'm guessing this gives them credit for 2 helps & more discounts. It pays to know how to screw the system & have no morals, or work for the company & recommend the sister company so my money stays in the family.