cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions of US Data addon

vincezzh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. The addon keeps 10 days. Is the buying day first day or the day I landed in US?

2. How can I active the addon? Is it automaticlly active when I am in US?

Thanks,

Vince

5 REPLIES 5

If 611 doesn't, there is a phone number available from the US.  It appears when you cross the border in a text message.  Well, it doesn't if roaming hasn't been turned on... I haven't crossed the border with roaming activated as it's only short trips I ever do.

Salmonlips
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"  So if you purchase at 9 PM ET you have pretty much wasted day one. "

So in that case you'd be better to buy in the morning (unless you desperately needed that data for a couple hours...) ??

To confirm, 611 still works when you're out of country?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@vincezzh, the best way to purcahse the US add-on is probably to top up the necessary funds ahead of time and then calling 611 to buy the add-on to complete the so called step 2 when you are ready to use the service. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@vincezzh wrote:

1. The addon keeps 10 days. Is the buying day first day or the day I landed in US?

Thanks,

Vince

Vince just to add to the above, it is 10 Calendar days based off of Eastern Time, not 10-24 hour days.  So if you purchase at 9 PM ET you have pretty much wasted day one.  Also purchasing addons is a two step process.  Your first step when ordering the addon only puts funds into available funds.  You then need to go in and re-purchase the addon and it will then take the payment from those available funds.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vincezzh wrote:

Thanks,

Vince

Hi @vincezzh,

1. The 10 days start from the day you purchase the US add-on.

2. The add-on automatically activates once you make the purchase.

Need Help? Let's chat.