cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about an old e-mail username

rukawa0929
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have a question about an old e-mail username.
My mom signed up with public like 7~8 months ago, and then she did not continue
as she was away for an extended period of time. Now that she is back, she wants to get a service again with public but it seems like she's having a trouble trying to log in with the old username.. If she gets a new phone number with public, can she use this old username again? or does it have to be a completely new e-mail address>>?

7 REPLIES 7

rukawa0929

Hello, thanks for the detailed reply.

Really appreciate it 

I tried but it wouldn't let me, so I ended up using a different email address. Maybe after few years it will be resetted? We will see!

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

once service is discontinued, the log in is cancelled immediately.  Right at the same second - Public doesn't want you to have a load on their server......

@kselmak wrote:

@rukawa0929 wrote:

Yes she's getting a new SIM card,, but was not sure if she can use the same e-mail address. 
Maybe I'll give it a shot when opening her account again this time 

Hi would definitely try.

I set up an account for my relative

And she actually used the same email she had with pm way before I even new about pm and there were no problems.

She told me that she went to Europe and her master card got flagged. She spent there whole summer and came at the end of September.

At the time they still had call centers and she was told the account is gone and she needs to get new sim. She ended up getting a new phone in a mall and having a commitment instead. 

I managed to get her back to pm this spring and I helped her setup the account, used the same email without any problems.

I guess once the account is dead you can use it.

You can't have two active accounts with one email, but you may be able to have deceased one and an active one

People with Koodo account who want to port have it active on the system so they may have trouble using it

If you do try to use it, would you mind letting us know what happened?

Thanks

Although you say this happened, it does not happen now.  An account that has not been reactivated in the 90 days of suspension is changed to expired, and remains in the database.

The email address is the unique identifier in the database for the account, and as a result, is rendered useless for future use.  This is a problem with the design on the database, and without a programming change, it will never allow a same email address.

Use a new email address for your relative.  It is simply the only way.

@rukawa0929 wrote:

Yes she's getting a new SIM card,, but was not sure if she can use the same e-mail address. 

Hi would definitely try.

I set up an account for my relative

And she actually used the same email she had with pm way before I even new about pm and there were no problems.

She told me that she went to Europe and her master card got flagged. She spent there whole summer and came at the end of September.

At the time they still had call centers and she was told the account is gone and she needs to get new sim. She ended up getting a new phone in a mall and having a commitment instead. 

I managed to get her back to pm this spring and I helped her setup the account, used the same email without any problems.

I guess once the account is dead you can use it.

You can't have two active accounts with one email, but you may be able to have deceased one and an active one

People with Koodo account who want to port have it active on the system so they may have trouble using it

If you do try to use it, would you mind letting us know what happened?

Thanks

rukawa0929

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rukawa0929 wrote:

Hello, I have a question about an old e-mail username.
My mom signed up with public like 7~8 months ago, and then she did not continue
as she was away for an extended period of time. Now that she is back, she wants to get a service again with public but it seems like she's having a trouble trying to log in with the old username.. If she gets a new phone number with public, can she use this old username again? or does it have to be a completely new e-mail address>>?

@rukawa0929  If it's been longer than 90 days then you will need a new sim card with a new email. If your old email supports using an alias then you can use the alias. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@rukawa0929 hi no she will need a new email and sim if more than 90 days 

Need Help? Let's chat.